ɴɪɴᴇ

•••

•••

     Eleanor woke up to a pillow being thrown at her. She looked around realizing she was in her room, though she didn't remember how she got there, then saw her brother with an innocent smile on his face.

     "I'm gonna to be late for school," Liam told his adult sister once she had gathered her barring's.

     "You wanna skip and come to morning practice?" Eleanor asked, "we can get breakfast on the way."

Liam smiled, instantly agreeing to the offer, "can we get McDonald's?" He asked her, going into her closet and throwing clothes at her.

"If you stop throwing clothes at me, yeah," Eleanor told him. Liam turned back around to look at her with a smile and walked out of her room for her to get changed.

She quickly changed into her usual coaching clothes, leggings a shirt and a three quarter zip jacket, then quickly did everything else in her daily routine before walking out of her room, grabbing her keys, Liam's bag, and Liam who was laying on the couch, dragging him to her car.

     "Buckle up Piccolo Lupo," Eleanor smiled, opening the garage door and turning over the engine. Liam grinned, doing as told and getting buckled, the click notifying Eleanor it was safe to drive off.

     The drive to the high school was usually quick, but seeing as Liam couldn't decide what he wanted from McDonald's for breakfast it took more time ordering than it did driving.

     That's why the two half siblings were running onto the field. Liam had half of a breakfast burrito hanging out of his mouth, a bottle of chocolate milk in hand and his lacrosse bag hanging across his body. And Eleanor had her half drunk mocha frappé and her bag of two bacon egg and cheese McMuffin's in hand, her small cross body purse crossed to her left, and her old lacrosse gear crossed to the right.

     The two came to a stop in front of Coach, both panting and out of breath from their almost mile sprint straight from the car parked in the only spot on the other side of the building.

     "Sorry I'm late Coach," Eleanor said between breaths, "woke up late, had to get him breakfast," she continued, waving over to Liam who was still breathing heavy while Eleanor had started to finally catch her breath, "we rushed here."

     "Don't worry about it sweetheart, we were just starting drills," Coach informed his former star player, "who's the kid?"

     "That's my little brother Liam, the one I told you about," Eleanor told him with a proud smile, wrapping her arm around her brothers shoulders.