ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

•••

•••

Eleanor walked into the kitchen that morning, finding Derek already sitting in his usual chair with his head against the wall. Holding his book in one hand and Superman mug half filled with his second cup of coffee in the other, "morning," he mumbled and the alpha could tell he was tired.

"Long night?" Eleanor asked knowingly, walking over to pour the rest of his disgusting dark roast into the mug before making her own.

Derek's sigh gave her the answer she already knew and making her chuckle, "you failed to mention you already had betas," he told her.

"You failed to mention you already turned Jackson," Eleanor shot back, catching him off guard, "I don't care, you need to build a pack more than I do. I've got tweedle dee, dum, Ronni, and our sweet baby who is currently in South America with her grandparents," she chuckled.

"And who's that?" Derek asked, his eyes following her as she walked over to sit next to him with her Wanda mug, "you mentioned her yesterday too."

Eleanor smiled fondly at the thought of the first beta of her pack, "Rosanna, Rosie as we all call her," she stated, "she's the first person I turned, the youngest in the pack. She's the only one I've come across to have a soulmate."

Derek furrowed his brows questionably at that, "how do you know she has a soulmate?"

"You know how most werewolves have golden eyes when they're born or bitten?" Eleanor asked him, Derek nodded, "when I bit her, her eyes automatically turned a striking green, the color of her soulmates human eyes," she informed him.

Derek furrowed his brows again at the information, "I didn't know that was the indicator of a soulmate," he said, putting pieces together in his head.

Eleanor nodded, "my mom told me once that if a wolf has a soulmate the feminine of the two will have the same color eyes as the masculine's human eyes," she told him, "it's a beautiful sentiment don't you think?"

Derek was at a loss for words. The entirety that he knew Eleanor her eyes had been blue, he had never seen her with the typical golden. He never judged her for her eye color, even when knowing what blue meant, he thought they looked good on her.

"Of course, I never knew why she told me this when my eyes had always been yellow up until I turned into an alpha," she shrugged but smiled, "I mean look how cute they are," she said, turning her usual red eyes back to yellow for only a few seconds before turning them back.