sᴇᴠᴇɴ

•••

•••

Eleanor Dunbar had woken up late the next morning and cursed herself for not setting an alarm so she could pick up her brother, but sent him a quick apology text telling him she would take him out to dinner where ever he wanted that night.

     She then got dressed and ready for the day, pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue button up shirt. She slid on the only black heels she owned and grabbed her leather jacket and keys, heading out to her corvette and leaving to the small farmhouse she had scheduled to look at.

     Eleanor was excited to say the least, for both reasons of finally having power and running water and Derek not being able to drag her off her bed to look for the alpha.

     This could be her fresh start, she could be Eleanor Van Doren, the woman who lost her family too young. The assistant coach for the Beacon Hills lacrosse team, the fun big sister to Liam Dunbar.

     She could be the version of herself she found while she was on the run but she could be home.

     It took not more than twenty minutes before she was pulling up to the long gravel road leading to the small secluded soft yellow farmhouse.

     The current owner stepped outside when they saw Eleanor pull up to the house. The woman quickly fluffed her hair in the back, afraid it had gotten flat from the drive over, and stepped out of the car, walking up to the door.

     "Hi, are you Elle?" The lady that owned the house asked.

     "Yeah, and your Kaitlyn?" The werewolf asked, smiling and shaking her hand.

     "Yup," Kaitlyn replied, "come on in, take a look around and make yourself at home."

     "Thank you."

     Eleanor looked around the house, her eyes lighting up at the extra bedroom she hadn't known about, meaning she could have more than one or two betas live with her if they needed.

     The kitchen was small but still bigger than some of the kitchens she had while on the run. It was updated, darker brown cabinets and white marble countertops with stainless steel appliances.

     It had a not quite finished basement, but it was done enough to the point that she could use it for the first full moons for betas.

     It was clear to anyone that looked at her that she was excited about this not so small, faded pastel yellow farmhouse.