sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

•••

•••

In the bed, in the room, in the building that Derek Hale hated the most, Eleanor Van Doren was laying motionless, aside from the light rise and fall of her chest. Tangled in all the wires and cords, Derek's hand held tightly onto the limp hand of his best friend, his closest confidant, the woman that had slowly become his anchor.

Derek's head rested on the edge of the bed, his free hand laid just above, his body previously sitting in the provided plastic chair from the hospital which was recently switched to a more cushioned chair, though it wasn't much better, he still refused to leave the girls side.

The only noise in the room was the consistent beeps of the monitor connected to the comatose werewolf and the almost inaudible breaths coming from both the sleeping bodies. One of which, has been unconscious for just over a week now. The other however, had just fallen asleep for the first time in the span of that long week. He was persistent to be awake and there for when the woman woke up.

Eleanor got lots of visitors. Mostly the teenagers that she has gotten close to, namely Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski, and Allison Argent who blamed herself for the girl to be in such a state as she is in. Eleanor's little brother Liam has also visited quite frequently.

On occasion one of the boys from the lacrosse team that she assisted in coaching would visit, such as Jackson Whittemore and Danny Mahealani, even Coach Bobby Finstock visited once while dropping off a get well soon card signed by everyone on the team.

It came to no surprise to any of those visiting when they saw the man with the dark hair and beautiful forest green eyes, sitting in the same position next to Eleanor. Other than Derek and team of nurses, Scott McCall was probably the most seen in the room bringing food, water and the occasional set of new clothes for the new alpha to change into.

Even though Scott wasn't happy with Derek at the moment because of previous events that lead to the current situation, he knew that he should be the one to take care of Derek while he was in this state of mind, seeing as Scott was the only one that Derek could tolerate out of the group.

Derek knew that he shouldn't be sitting around when he knew what would be coming and should be building his pack at this time, he just couldn't bring himself to get up and leave. He knew that Eleanor would want him to prepare for what's bound to come at some point, but the concern for the Van Doren is what convinced him to sit down and not move from his spot in that uncomfortable seat until she woke up.

He wasn't sure how it had gotten to this point or even when. He knew that she was fine when they escaped from the basement of the old and charred Hale house.

He knew because he remembered that when he was on the ground, an arrow in his shoulder and a bullet in his other that she was the one to dig the bullet out and pull the arrows through.