ғɪᴠᴇ

•••

•••

The next day Eleanor sat in Coach's office, trying to figure out how to finish getting the team ready so that she could be the assistant coach.

       She was looking through all the practice schedules that Coach kept in his desk that she had made when she was preparing to be captain, which never happened. Coach opened the door talking to Scott, not taking notice that Eleanor was there sitting in his desk chair.

       "What do you mean you can't play the game tomorrow night?" He asked, leaning against the desk.

       "I mean, I can't play the game tomorrow night." Scott said awkwardly, seeing the woman in the chair.

       "You can't wait to play the game tomorrow night!" Coach said, trying to be optimistic.

       "No Coach, I can't play the game tomorrow night." Scott tried to clarify.

       "I'm not following." Coach said, crossing his arms.

       "I'm having some, personal issues." Scott said quietly, making Eleanor almost laugh.

       "Is it a girl?"

       "No."

       "Is it a guy? You know, our goalie, Danny is gay," Coach said, Eleanor bit her lip to try and hold in her laugh. This is the exact reason that the woman loved her old coach, he has absolutely no filter.

       "Yeah, I know Coach, but that's not it." Scott said, trying to get back on topic.

       "You don't think Danny's a good looking guy?" Coach asked.

       "I think he's good looking, but I like girls." Scott stuttered, "and that's not it anyway."

       "What? Is it drugs? Are you doing meth?" Coach asked, jumping to the most wild accusation, "because I had a brother that was addicted to meth. You should have seen what it did to his teeth! They were all cracked and rotted. It was- it was disgusting." he overly shared.

       "My god, what happened to him?" Scott asked, getting off track again.

       "He got veneers." Eleanor hopped into the conversation, causing Coach to jump, just now acknowledging her presence. He then pointed at the woman saying she was right.

       "How did you know?" Scott asked the older werewolf.

       "He told me the same story back in my day." She told him, reclining back in the chair.

       "Is that what this is about? Are you afraid of getting hurt, McCall?" Coach asked.

       "No, I'm, having some issues dealing with aggression." Scott explained slowly. Well, he's not wrong, she thought and visibly shrugged.