Chapter 5

The mountain top had rays of dark energy rampaging. It eventually died down and Isamu felt different than before. He stood up, wasn't bothered by injuries, or even frightened.

Tanjiro: (What happened? When he took off his eye patch, his entire aura changed. It's become more savage and elemental. What's going on here?)

Rui: I don't what happened when you took off your eye patch, but it still won't be enough to defeat me.

He gathers more cutting threads, but before he could even launch them, Isamu reappeared somewhere. When he did send them, Isamu had vanished again. Over and over, Isamu would dodge way before they reached him.

Rui: (He's so fast! What happened to him? It's like a completely different person. I can't keep up.)

Isamu would run in and slash Rui and then go out. A hit-and-run strategy. Rui was left with many cuts on his body and was getting frustrated. When he tried to heal, he felt that he couldn't. Something was preventing his regeneration.

Isamu kept vanishing and reappearing in different areas. He started doing it around Rui and as he continued doing it, he became so fast that he started making after images of himself.

 He started doing it around Rui and as he continued doing it, he became so fast that he started making after images of himself

Isamu: Is my movement too fast for you? Just say the word, and I can go slower if you'd like.

Rui: Don't get cocky.

He sent threads in all directions, but Isamu dodged them all. As threads kept coming to him, Isamu would simply cut them. Rui formed hundreds of threads and shot them at Isamu, but he dodged them without any effort. He smirked as he looked at the threads, but his smirk disappeared when he saw Tanjiro behind him. Even if he cut the threads, the other half would still hit Tanjiro.

He appeared in front of Tanjiro and uses his left hand to grab the threads. Veins formed all over his arms as he was slightly getting pushed back. Rui was surprised he was able to catch his threads.

Rui: (Impossible. With his bare hand?)

Isamu tightened his grip and started pulling on the threads. Rui was being pulled and unable to detach the threads from his fingertips. Rui was pulled by Isamu and using all of the strength in his left hand, Isamu punched Rui and sent him back. Rui flicked his wrist and threads shot straight up. Isamu had dodged, but not unscathed. One of the threads cut his headband and left cuts on his cheek.

Rui got back up and launched more threads. Isamu swung his blade but didn't cut through, which surprised him. More threads wrapped around his blade and he was swung against a tree. He freed his blade and tried to slash through more threads, but it was no use. He even tried a breathing technique, but even that proved to be useless.

Rui eventually trapped Isamu in a cage of threads and Isamu couldn't cut through.

Rui: I've had enough of this. Blood demon art: Murderous eye basket.