Chapter 15

As Isamu appeared in his inner world, the hashira were about to find out why Isamu needed them there, not his friends. A very up-close demonstration. His fingers started making trails on the forest floor before he started growling. Black energy lines went floated into the air before his hand started changing. His nails had extended and veins started showing through his arm. 

Mitsuri: Don't you think we should've hidden his nichirin sword?

Uzui: It wouldn't make any difference. If he couldn't find it, it'd only make him more frantic.

Isamu's head started to twitch before he quickly lifted it. His eyes were golden and his canine teeth extended and became fangs. His inner demon grabbed hold of his katana and yanked the sheath off. All of the hashira drew their katanas to prepare for the combat that was drawing closer by the second.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

???: Hey there, Isamu. It's good to see ya. What's wrong? By the look on your face, you seem... Glum.

He said nothing as he looked to his right and didn't see Katsumoto. He looked to his left and didn't him either.

Isamu: It's just me and you now. I'm going to force you to help me control my power. You won't do much if you're unarmed.

He stated as he put his hand on his handle.

???: I'm confused. When you said 'unarmed' did you mean not having a weapon. Like this one?

Isamu's eyes widened as the demon unsheathed a full white nichirin sword. What shook Isamu the most was that it looked exactly like the sword Katsumoto gave him.

 What shook Isamu the most was that it looked exactly like the sword Katsumoto gave him

???: Beautiful, isn't it?

Isamu: (A white... Nichirin sword?)

???: You said I was unarmed. Well, guess what, you're wrong!

He leaped in the air and swung his blade down, but Isamu drew his blade quick enough and blocked the strike.

???: You can try all you want, but you won't be able to beat me.

The sword connection broke and Isamu's body had a black aura surrounding it. His inner demon raised an eyebrow at what he was doing.

Isamu: Don't be so sure about that! I wonder how you'll be reacting when you see this!

???: You just don't understand, do you?

He cracked his neck and took the same stance as Isamu.

???: It's not like you might beat me. You can't beat me!

His body started glowing white with red outlines. Isamu could sense that it was the same energy. The 2 just stood in their stances, waiting for one to make the first move. A drop of sweat dripped down Isamu's face before it fell and plopped on the ground. In that instant, they both rushed at each other. Waves of black and white energy collided as they tore up the landscape. The energy disappeared and the 2 were in a lock.