Chapter 16

Nearly 4 months have gone by since Rengoku's death. Isamu managed to regain control of his Darkness breathing and wasted no time at all getting back to training. It started with Isamu and the others doing pushups in the heat while shirtless and having the 3 sisters sit on their backs. Isamu had to put objects on his back to equal the weight of one of the girls.

Next was a run. Zenitsu was running in last, Tanjiro was 3rd while carrying the box, and Isamu and Inosuke kept trying to one-up each other to see who would finish first. Back at the mansion, it was regular weightlifting and endurance exercises. But training doesn't mean stopping from doing missions. They would get missions by crow and kill demons when it became necessary. At least Zenitsu managed to man up a little bit when he had to go on solo missions.

Even in the harsh rains, Isamu would never stop training. Of course, his body would be sore from training so much.

Tanjiro was the first person in the group to finish his mission and walked across a wooden bridge and walked toward the butterfly mansion. Just a few feet from the door, he heard screams and shouts.

Aoi: Let me go! Put me down already.

Uzui: Quit your yamping. Damn you're loud.

Kiyo: Let go Naho, jerk!

Sumi: I can't watch this.

Aoi: Kanao, do something!

Kanao: (Mission order: Shinobu superior. Aoi. Naho. Hashira. Order. Coin. Coin! I'll decide by flipping a coin.)

She reaches inside her uniform for a coin but suddenly stops and remembered what Tanjiro wanted her to do. Follow her heart and make her own choices.

As Uzui was nearly out of the gates, he feels a tug and stopped. Kanao looked down as she held him back.

Aoi: Kanao...

Uzui: You're not being very flashy. Need I remind you of the orders you received?

Kanao: ...

Uzui: If you're gonna be unflashy then say something!

The rest of the girls ran towards Uzui and started climbing on top of him and wouldn't let go. Uzui was having none of it and getting annoyed.

Tanjiro: What are doing treating little girls like this?!

.

.

.

Tanjiro: (Wait, are they playing or being held captive? I don't have a clue.)

Kiyo: He's kidnapping those girls! Hurry and help them!

Uzui: Why you- Shut your mouth!

Kiyo: Ahhhh!

Not wanting to draw his sword, Tanjiro runs in and leaps toward Uzui. He pulls his head back and gets ready for his signature headbutt. As he goes for it, Uzui vanishes and Kiyo lands on Tanjiro's back.

Tanjiro: Are you alright?

Kiyo: Yes!

Uzui: You're a fool.

He looks to see Uzui squatting on the pole above the gate with Aoi still struggling on his shoulder.

Uzui: I'm Lord Tengen Uzui, a former shinobi. A man known around here for his resplendency. Did you think I would fall for one of your vulgar headbutts?

Tanjiro: You let those girls go right now!

Kiyo: What he said!

Tanjiro: You have no business doing with what you want to them.