Chapter 11

Through the darkness of the night, the Mugen train was on the move.

Zenitsu: This Rengoku, he's a hashira, right? Are you sure we'll find him here?

Tanjiro: Of course. With his fiery hair, I can recognize him. Also his scent.

They head down the train cart and open the door that leads to the next cart.

Rengoku: Umai!

Tanjiro: Huh?

Rengoku: Umai! Umai! Umai ! Umai! UMAI!

All eyes were on Rengoku as he was eating his box lunches. The 3 walked up to Rengoku who was still saying his word of "grace."

Tanjiro: Excuse me, sir?

Rengoku: Umai!

Tanjiro: Rengoku?

Rengoku: Umai!

He turns to look at the young man with his eyes widened and mouth filled with tasty food. On the side were dozens of empty boxes.

Tanjiro: We heard you. The first 50 times.

He finishes eating as the maid's stack all of his empty boxes and put them into a bag. They had a bit of trouble with handling that many at once.

Rengoku: It's you! You were at the mansion!

Tanjiro: Yes. These are my friends, Zenitsu and Inosuke.

Rengoku: I see. Isn't there also another one in that box?

Tanjiro: Yes. My younger sister, Nezuko.

Rengoku: Yes, I remember that demon! Since the master has accepted her, I will keep my peace!

Tanjiro: Thank you. Is Isamu here by any chance?

Rengoku: Of course! Young Takahashi!

Isamu: Huh? What's up?

In the seat in front, Isamu sat up. 

Isamu: Yo, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke! It's been a while.

Tanjiro: It has. It's good to see you again.

Isamu: Since we're done with our tiny reunion, I'll be getting my rest back.

He said as he laid down in his seat with his back against the window and head down. Rengoku pats the empty spot on his seat.

Rengoku: Come! Have a seat!

Tanjiro: Thank you.

Rengoku: What brings the 3 of you here?

Tanjiro: We were ordered to join you. A message via a crow. We also heard about the casualties on this train.

Rengoku: Understood!

Tanjiro: Sir, there's one more thing. Something I wanted to ask you.

Rengoku: Oh? What is it?

Tanjiro: It's about my father.

Rengoku: What about your father?

Tanjiro: He was a frail man.

Rengoku: Was he now?

Tanjiro: Yes. And yet, he was able to perform a kagura dance in freezing weather.

Rengoku: Well good for him!

Tanjiro: And then!

Rengoku: And then...?

Tanjiro: Hinokami Kagura. That dance, I found myself doing it, just like my father used to. I was hoping you knew anything about it and could share that information with me.