Chapter 8

Zenitsu: (Tanjiro, Isamu, and Inosuke left for rehabilitation training. I can't go since my limbs are still regrowing. And Ms. Aoi is still making me take this medicine.)

He hears the door open after he drinks his cup of medicine.

Zenitsu: How did it go-

Zenitsu: AH! What happened to you 2?!

Without saying a word, Tanjiro and Inosuke hop into their beds and pull the covers over them.

Tanjiro: Sorry...

Inosuke: Don't mind us...

Isamu: ...

Zenitsu: Tell me how it went! I don't want to end up like you 2!

They said nothing. Isamu was the one who was relatively fine. He just laid in his bed with his hand behind his head.

Zenitsu: Please, Isamu! Tell me how it went.

Isamu: ...Lousy...

He said softly before turning to his right and taking a nap. They stayed in their beds throughout the whole day. As they were sleeping, Isamu seemed to be having some sort of trouble. He was breathing slightly heavier and faster than normal. Drops of sweat formed on his face.

???: (What's up, Isamu? You were acting quite confident back on that mountain. Huh? Remember what I told you? If you leave yourself an opening, I'll take over your soul! *Laughs*.)

In Isamu's mind, black markings started to appear all over his face as his aura went on a rampage. He screamed as he tried to get rid of the marks, but it proved no use. 

His eye widened as he shot up from his bed, face dripping with sweat. He placed his hand over his chest before taking a deep breath and calming down. He looked to see his 3 other friends sleeping. He looked at his hand and saw it shaking. He clenched it into a fist and moved the covers before walking out of the room. He walked out of the room without waking the others and moved to the outside.

He climbed up and got on the roof and sat down. He looked up at the glowing moon and hundreds of stars. 

Isamu: *Sigh* (What's wrong with me?)

Shinbu: Hello there? Yoo-hoo. Hello! Isamu?

He blinks his eye once and sees Shinobu standing right next to him.

Isamu: Ms. Kocho.

Shinobu: So you finally responded to me. I've been calling you for quite a while. Why are you out here?

Isamu: My demon keeps acting up. I can't sleep because of it.

Shinobu: That seems like a real problem.

Isamu: Not so much. I've had to deal with it for years. It's not a real problem for me anymore. Just annoying to deal with.

She then takes a seat on the roof right next to Isamu who didn't mind as he laid back on the roof tiles.