Chapter 20

The battle has now taken a turn. Just as the battle between the demon slayers and upper moon 6 started, it became interrupted by Isamu who appeared in the middle of the fight. Destroying the landscape and some buildings.

Isamu: Hahahahaha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahahahaha!

Gyutaro: Now what? What's with that energy?

Tanjiro: That belongs to another member of our squad. He's alive.

Uzui: Another one of my tsuguko. Isamu Takahashi.

Tanjiro: Isamu!

Isamu: Looks like you guys have been going at this all wrong. Tanjiro and Uzui.

Uzui: Way to announce your belated arrival. It's bad enough you're late, but why make such an unflashy way?

Isamu: Be quiet. I rushed to get here as quickly as I could. Well, maybe I did make a little bit of a mess, but that's just my style.

Gyutaro: I don't who you are, but you seem to display a different vibe from the rest of your group members. Where were you hiding before you snuck up on us?

Isamu: You think I've just been hiding?! You better watch your mouth, I don't like being talked to like that.

They just look at each other before Isamu smirks and lowers his weapon.

Isamu: Sorry guys, but I'm going to borrow them for a while.

Gyutaro: Like you could ever-

In an instant, Isamu appears in front of Gyutaro and Daki before shooting a pillar of his black energy into the sky. It sucks in debris from destroyed buildings and spins it around like a tornado. Tanjiro and the others cover their faces before the energy disappears and the debris falls to the ground. They look to see that the three of them have vanished.

Tanjiro: Isamu's gone. Did the two demons escape?

As Tanjiro keeps looking, Uzui hears a sharp sound in his left ear.

Uzui: They didn't escape. They're battling. Come one, follow me!

He jumps to another roof and sprints towards Isamu's new location with Tanjiro and the gang following behind him. Isamu and the two demons appeared in an empty part of the entertainment district with abandoned buildings all around.

Isamu: This looks far enough.

Gyutaro: You used that dark energy of yours to move us to a separate location away from your friends. That had to have been taxing on your body, as well, right?

Isamu: I guess it took its toll, but it doesn't matter. Now, I finally get to fight without any interruptions. At least for now.

Daki: How?

Isamu: Hm?

Daki: How did you escape from my belts? I tied you up and merged my belts to your flesh, so why aren't you in any pain?!

Isamu: How did I escape? Oh, that's easy. I chewed my way out!

Daki: You did what? I don't believe that!

Isamu: Believe it, haha. Take a look.

He opens his mouth and pulls his cheeks to reveal blood before spitting it out.

Isamu: Believe me, it wasn't easy. Since your belts had merged with my skin, I was able to feel the pain I inflicted on the belts. It hurt like hell, biting and tearing. It felt like my body was being eaten alive. But that's not important. Fight me!

Gyutaro: You seem different from other slayers. Apart from your height and age, you don't seem all that special. How is someone like you worth our time?