Chapter 14

Zenitsu: (I never thought the day would come when neither Tanjiro nor Isamu couldn't bring themselves to smile. It makes sense though. We were powerless compared to Rengoku, yet even he found himself at death's door. I don't blame them. That would break anyone. Just look at Inosuke. I had no idea that a man like him could cry. His burning rage turned to helpless tears. But a hero is someone who gets back up, time and time again. I know Rengoku is that way. He was odd at times, but his heart is that of strength and kindness.) Tanjiro, I snagged us some bean-paced buns. Let's eat!

Kiyo: Help! Mr. Tanjiro has gone missing!

Zenitsu dropped the bean buns as the back of Kiyo's head went into Zenitsu's nose. A massive nosebleed indeed.

Kiyo: Zenitsu, I'm so sorry!

Zenitsu: Don't worry about it. I'll be okay. Eventually.

Kiyo: You look like you got hit by a train. Please forgive me, but Tanjiro can't be found and even worse, his wounds haven't healed and he's training again! Shinobu told him to be resting in bed, but he didn't listen!

Zenitsu: You mean he's training with that stomach wound? Is he dumb?

He got up and wiped the rest of his blood away from his nose before going to Isamu who was residing inside Rengoku's area within the headquarters. Isamu was just sitting quietly, staring into the pond in front of him.

Zenitsu: Isamu, bad news, Tanjiro's gone! He's even gone back to training with that stomach wound of his.

Isamu: ...I know. He's not training.

Zenitsu: Then what is he doing? He won't recover properly if he keeps this up.

Isamu: Relax, will you. He just went off to go to Rengoku's residence. He's honoring his last wish. As am I with learning the combat forms of Flame breathing. Right now, all we can do is wait for him to return. You should get some rest. Your nose is a blood fountain.

Zenitsu: Right. Okay.

He leaves Isamu alone and walks back to the ward and sits in his bed.

Zenitsu: (Isamu's had it rough too. He found someone he admired and took him in. But ever since Rengoku died, he barely comes out of the Rengoku's mansion at headquarters. On top of that, he focuses on himself and tries to suppress his inner demon. But the demon's power is growing by the day. That must be hard on him.)

.

.

.

Isamu: I'm so pathetic...

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Isamu was in his room calmly sleeping before it happened. Isamu felt a sharp pain in his chest. Like a serrated blade was piercing his chest slowly and slowly. He rolled out of his bed and landed on his hands and knees. Sweat drops as his veins felt like they were gonna pop. A dark aura started flowing around and his eyes started turning gold. The entire room was slightly shaking.

Isamu: I won't... Give it to you! Not now or ever!

He fought back against the pain as more aura was released Books started falling, desks were being knocked down, and even some cracks started to appear in the wooden foundations. The dark aura finally calmed down as the room went quiet again. Isamu took deep breaths before laying motionless on the ground.

Isamu: (This is bad... At this rate, I won't be able to control the demon's power, even wearing the eye patch.)

///////////////////////////////////////

Isamu was in the demon slayer graveyard. On his knees in front of Rengoku's grave. He's never seen so many tombstones before.

Kagaya: It seems someone is also here.