Chapter 17

Uzui: Found anything yet?

Isamu: Nothing. The other 3 haven't found anything these past 2 days. These ladies are almost desperate for me to come to visit.

Uzui: Quite the lady's man, aren't you. But not as good as me.

Isamu: I don't really care. You heard about it, right? What happened.

Uzui: The owner of Zenitsu's house fell off her balcony and died. Or at least that's the story.

Isamu: I'm not buying that. We show up and then an owner dies within a night? That doesn't sound like a coincidence.

Uzui: We need to keep gathering information. Do your part.

Isamu: You don't need to tell me twice.

They look away from each other before going their own ways in their search.

Zenitsu: (I'm supposed to be looking for Uzui's wife, Hinatsuru. I've been all ear, but I haven't heard a single word about her. It was only recent, but the owner of this house passed away. Some say she fell from her balcony. Everyone's gloomy and they're keeping their mouths shut.)

As he's walking through the hallways he's focusing in on the voices throughout the house. He begins to focus on the crying voice of a young girl.

Zenitsu: We have a crisis! A young girl is crying! 

He follows the cries and stumbles upon a room on the top floor. He looks inside to see a young girl dressed in red crying. The room had all kinds of trinkets on the floor, the floor was dirty, etc.

Zenitsu: Hey! It's like a disaster struck in here! What happened?

Girl: *Crying*

Zenitsu: W-Were you in a fight? Are you alright?

Girl: *Cries harder and louder.*

Zenitsu: Are you alright? Come on, settle down, okay? Sorry about that. If you're in any kind of trouble-

His heart stopped as he felt a sharp presence behind him. He couldn't even move. The only thing he could feel was... Fear.

???: Hey you... What are you doing in my room?

 What are you doing in my room?

Zenitsu: (This presence... There's a demon standing behind me. A human doesn't sound like that. I didn't notice her presence until she spoke to me. I-Is that even possible? This is bad. But I'm so quiet that I'm actually terrified! This must be... An upper rank, right? What do I do? What can I do?)

???: Hey! Are you hard of hearing or something?

Girl 2: W-Warabihime Oiran..

Girl 3: That girl just started here the day before yesterday, so...

Warabihime: Hah! So what if she did?

Zenitsu: F-Forgive me for entering without permission! The room's in disarray and this girl was crying, so I...