Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of this story. These characters belong to Richelle Mead.

"Come on, Rosie, you know you like it. You make it almost too easy," he said as he smirked sadistically. I was naked and lying against the couch I had woken up on. His hands roamed over my breasts and he gripped my ass tightly.

I cried out as he roughly penetrated me. He squeezed my breast hard and glared at me.

"Keep it down, we don't want anyone finding us," he said.

I screamed as I re-entered reality.

I tossed and turned all night. Nightmares and bad thoughts rigged my sleep and eventually I woke up. I was still sore but I wanted to get back on my feet, despite training being over. Maybe a run would help clear my thoughts.

I was on my way to the track when I saw him walk across the corridor. I could already feel the anxiety start to sink in as he smirked at me. He knew how his presence was affecting me and he was enjoying it. I tried to rush past him but he cornered me and I froze.

"No one needs to know about the other night, okay? We wouldn't want anything happening to Lissa, now, would we?" he said in a sickeningly sweet tone, but I could hear the underlying threat. Mess with me and I hurt your best friend. I just nodded, too shell-shocked to respond. As soon as he left, I ran to my room, my eyes filling with tears once again.

The next two months were difficult to say the least. I hibernated and only came out for food. Today, however, I decided to get out for a change.

I get to the gym and I can only see red. Walking up to the punching bag, I just start going for it, no gloves, no warm-ups. Agony and fear channelled through my veins and I got lost in the haze.

I was angry. Scared. Hurting. And I couldn't handle it. There were too many emotions and it was overwhelming. I just needed to get it out but I couldn't talk to anyone. It consumed my thoughts and my mind became an unbreakable prison. I was my only support and it hurt feeling so alone. It hurts to think that no matter how much I do for others, no one cares enough to be there for me. Lissa hadn't seen me because I'd been too exhausted from training but it's not like she cared anyway. I wasn't royal; ha! I wasn't even Moroi. She couldn't care if she tried. She was too busy climbing her social totem pole.

My hands started to sting and I looked down to see what was causing the pain.

Blood. Lots of Blood. It was on the floor, on the equipment, on my hands. My hands had little cuts and bruises along the knuckles. I started to sway on my feet. If I fainted, no one would know. It was past curfew and dorm matrons never checked the gym. Guardians, though, do. I started falling and I couldn't stop myself. Black dots tainted my vision as I let the darkness consume me.