Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of this story. These characters belong to Richelle Mead

I was released from the clinic within the hour. With my cheeks stained, I stumbled back to my room. My legs felt like Jell-O and my knees buckled.

As I rounded the corner to my dorm, I spotted someone with platinum blonde hair and jade blue eyes. Before I could react, Lissa pulled me into a hug. I clearly didn't return the sentiment. I opened my door and she took the unsaid invitation.

I sat on my bed and she just looked at me. I nodded to my desk chair.

"So...", I trailed off. I knew this was going to be awkward.

"I'm sorry, Rose, so sorry, "she blurted out tears filling her eyes. Just seeing her face, I caved. Maybe I hadn't fully forgiven her but I was at a point in my life where I needed her most.

I reached over and pulled her into my arms. " Shh, it's okay, I'm okay, " I soothed her, stroking her hair. Her tears lessened and eventually stopped. Guilty thoughts flooded through the bond.

" Rose, are you sure you're okay? I know what happened. "

" I'm okay, " I lied.

"I know what they did, Rose. Talk to me, " she pleaded.

And I just couldn't hold it in if I tried. I sobbed and sobbed until my throat hurt and Lissa's shirt was wet. She just held me close, like I had done to her mere minutes ago.

"How much do you know?" I choked.

"That you were raped. And that you're coming home from the clinic. That's how I found out. I was looking for you and I heard Dr. Olendski saying you were raped," she replied calmly. Oh, come on. I mean, where I go to get physical care, I get social backlash. Wait, there's one thing she doesn't know.

"Lissa, one more thing. I'm having a baby, " I say warily. Lissa's eyes saddened at the 'how' of my pregnancy but she smiled after.

"Rose, I know you might not have wanted this but it's a part of you too. I know you can't guard but maybe you could be my advisor or something. Don't stress, we'll figure it out."

It was getting late and she had to leave. That night I slept, not peacefully but not without peace either. Maybe things were getting better.