On Faith

Sasha dances in the kitchen, making breakfast as she works around Izzie, "8 hours, 16 ounces of chocolate, and 32 cupcakes and they still don't taste right."

George talks with his mouthful of cupcake, "No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud."

"Be as that might," Sasha tells him, taking the cupcake out of his hand and putting a plate of eggs in front of him and then one in front of Izzie, "Cupcakes are not good for breakfast. Eat the eggs."

"There's something missing- some specific ingredient," Izzie complains, pushing the plate of eggs away, "Why can't I remember?"

"Look, just call her. Call your mother and ask," George advises.

Izzie shakes her head, "I don't want to call my mother."

Sasha groans, "Crap, I have to call my mother soon or she'll kill me. Maybe I can make Cristina do it."

"Good morning," She hears from the door behind her before arms wrap around her waist and lips are on her cheek, "Good morning to you, especially."

"Morning. Your bowl of muesli is on the counter."

Derek gives her his best smile, "Thank you. You know, I like it here. Hey, you said so yourself-you liked having your things around, sleeping in your own bed."

George asks, "You're like a health nut, aren't you? You eat muesli every morning."

"No, I don't," Derek shakes his head as Sasha sets hers and Meredith's plate of eggs in front of them.

Izzie joins in on the argument, "Okay, the muesli thing- you do. The last seven days, at least."

"Oh, come on. I haven't been here for a whole week...have I?" He asks.

"See? Even they think it's weird."

Meredith turns to Sasha, "What's your opinion? Should we stay at Derek's place tonight?" 

Sasha pretends to think, "Oh, yes. Let's see the dwelling that Derek Shepherd lives in."

¤¤¤¤

Walking down the hall, she feels Cristina grab her arm, "Hey, can you cover for me on the 16th?"

"Uh," Sasha pulls out her planner, "Yeah. No problem. Is everything okay?"

"Okay, um," Cristina looks around, making sure the coast is clear, "I'm about to tell you something that is bigger than the Burke thing and can never, ever be repeated."

Sasha nods, "C'mon, when have I ever spilled any of your secrets?"

Cristina reminds her, "Senior year of high school, you told mom about my date with Jared something and she grounded me for a week."

"That was different. Mom was threatening to ground me for a month. You would've folded just as quick as I did, if not quicker," Sasha points out, getting a nod in agreement from Cristina, "Anyways, what's going on?"

"I'm pregnant. And on the 16th, I'm getting an abortion."

Sasha doesn't change facial expressions and just nods, "Do you want me to go with you? Hold your hand or something?"

Cristina shakes her head, "No. Yes. Maybe. If I can find someone else to cover my shift."

"George. I'll have Mer cover for me and George is too nice to say no," Cristina nods before starting to walk away and getting stopped by Sasha, "Hey, are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine. Just-get back to work."

¤¤¤¤

Derek taps Sasha on the shoulder, "You are on my service. Hey, what do you know about me?"