Thanksgiving

Sasha goes downstairs to see Izzie in the kitchen prepping to cook, "What are you doing?"

"Cooking Thanksgiving dinner," She answers, smiling.

"No. That is something only I do. This is something that relaxes me and gets me in the holiday mood. Do not, and I mean, do not take this from me. Meredith is working today which means that I am free to spend all day in the kitchen with no one bothering me," Sasha tells her, shoving her out of the kitchen.

"I would like to cook today. Please, Sasha, please," Izzie begs.

She laughs, "Hell to the no. You can watch Christmas movies in the living room or whatever, but this is my thing. Do not mess with it. I don't cope well with it."

Izzie nods, turning out of the room, "Okay."

¤¤¤¤

As the doorbell rings, Izzie gets it and Sasha is able to hear their voices in the kitchen, "It's half past ten. You're late."

Sasha shouts, "The fact that Cristina is here at all is a miracle."

"Oh, shut up!" Cristina yells to her sister before turning to Izzie, "She kick you out of the kitchen?"

"Yes, and it was very rude-oh, hi, Dr. Burke."

"Burke's here?" Sasha asks.

He answers, "When I show up uninvited to someone's home, they can call me Preston."

Sasha decides to use this to her advantage, "I'm gonna call you Preston because you're dating my sister. Now, you three can sit at the table and watch me cook, or stay in the living room and watch movies. I don't care, just-"

"Stay out of your way," Cristina finishes, "Yeah, I know. This isn't my first holiday with you."

"Don't make me sound like a monster!" Sasha says to her sister, standing in the doorway, stirring the stuffing.

Cristina cocks her head to the side, "Why is it so quiet in here?"

Sasha chuckles, "Meredith is at the hospital and George is still asleep."

Izzie looks at her weirdly, "No, he's off shooting something with his family."

"When did that happen?"

"You didn't hear the three grown men run in here yelling Georgie this morning?"

"I had a long, tiring night last night," Sasha excuses herself.

Cristina gags, "Gross."

¤¤¤¤

In the kitchen, Izzie calls Alex as the others watch Sasha work through the kitchen with no problem. Burke watches, fascinated, "Cristina, how come you don't cook?"

Cristina looks for any liquor, "Because Sasha does. She's the perfect daughter for our mother, so I gave up."

"That, and if she cooks, she'll poison us. Our mother had me cooking Thanksgiving dinner since I was 14. Meredith also can't cook, so that's what I did. This is my calm and happy place. Do not judge it."

Izzie goes to stick her finger in the cheese sauce mixture for the mac & cheese, but jumps back when Sasha hits her hand, "Ow! Sasha, you don't need to hit me."

"Don't touch my food."

Preston stands just outside the cooking area, in awe, "How do you keep track of everything. You don't have any timers on."

Sasha shrugs, "I just think of it like surgery. Everything needs to happen in a specific order for nothing to burn or go wrong. Most of the meal is cooked at the same temperature, it's just timing wise that's important. It's a big old puzzle that I've had solved for years."