Chapter 2 Milk, Tinsel and Mexican Cuisine

Chapter 2

Milk, Tinsel and Mexican Cuisine

My phone vibrates softly in my handbag. Picking it up I found it was a message from my dad. "Can you get milk?" the message read. I can only assume he knew I was out. I replied "okay" and that was that. Most conversations are similar if you were to scroll up. It's practical but, I dunno how I feel about it I guess. Either way there was a grocery shop nearby the santa photo area. I'll likely forget if I don't get the milk now but.... I suppose if I come back later I could still sit with santa... why do I feel guilty for wanting to do that. I then began to walk to the grocery store..

It was kinda big but I was familiar enough to know where the milk was. To my side suddenly I saw a bunch of tinsel on the shelves. They were in many cute colours. A perfect start to my Christmas plans. I grab some and happily look at it for a bit. I am going to make this christmas work, even if I am unsure how yet. I grab some milk and head to the counter. The worker told me the price, I payed by card and she looked straight at me for a few seconds. Get the voice right i can do this... "Is um.... Everything okay" I asked. "Oh sorry... I just thought your hair was pretty, it suits you a lot" She answered a bit anxiously. "Orange hair is cute, dyed mine blue but I think orange works for you" She continued. "Oh um.. Thank you" I replied. "Saw you stare at the Santa photo op area for a while, were you waiting for your kid to get a photo?" She asked. "I um... was just there myself, sorry if that is a bit weird I guess" I replied, starting to shake a little. "Oh nah that's valid, just didn't know" She said as she packed my things in the plastic bag. "Have a great day ma'am" She said. "OH uh you too" I said with a massive smile. I get really happy every time that happens, I figured I'd be a bit used to it by now. The bag felt a bit heavier than I thought it would, granted lifting stuff is generally harder now. I made a start to my christmas plans, I figured I'd grab some sushi then head home. Santa was no longer on the chair he was earlier, maybe he is on break... hopefully I get another chance. To walk along that red carpet along the cute mirror to speak with Santa. I just hesitated today but next time I can do this.

Seeing the main area clearing out was a strange experience. Parents dragged their kids elsewhere but a lot of them walked to nearby food places... some to an arcade nearby and some just headed home. They all seem to have such a day planned. While walking through the crowds of parents and kids I started to tear up. I don't really know why, I did what I needed to do today... Why am I upset. I look over to the empty santa chair, just a simple red carpet spreading to my feet one way and touching the chair on the other side. I feel better than I used to but something still isn't right...

Normally when I got sushi I'd eat it on the train but that was more so to not be in public for long. I found a nice bench near the entryway to the shopping centre. I hoped to feel a bit better having some nice food and sitting still to concentrate on enjoying it. Nearby a family was celebrating something at their table. They were eating really nice looking Mexican food. "Well our daughter is graduating so she can order as much as she wants honestly" A man yelled out a bit louder from the rest of the group's chatter. Beyond that I couldn't quite hear much over the christmas carols playing from a speaker near where I sat down. The daughter did seem to be having a good time. The family was pretty fancily dressed for a food court visit but I don't think they minded.

Upon arriving at the train station it seemed the train was delayed quite a bit this time. I ended up checking my phone. I got a message from a friend I met a long while ago. "Did you want to play a Magical girl fighting game I found online? It Looks cool" the message read. "oh sorry I didn't see the message... I'm on my way back from the shops but possibly when I be back" I responded. "As in you actually went outside? I'm happy for you, was it fun?" She replied almost instantly. Come to think of it, I had no idea how she types so fast. "Yeah, I even met someone at the park tody, going to hang out with her tomorrow, maybe I'll make irl friends lol" I typed in. "like a date or?" She responds even quicker. "uh, maybe? I'm actually not sure" I replied. Did I ask Naomi on a date... like I meant to just ask her to hang out but. "So, what's she like" She asked. "She is really cool and like relaxed? she is like pretty tall, kinda muscular, and I like her hair" I replied feeling a tad nervous. "Ooooo, well I hope you enjoy your date, either way irl friends will be good and I am happy for you" She responded back.

The Glass Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें