Cardi B

Auntie Yelena. And Cardi B

It's Christmas morning and there is only one sound coming from the farm. 

Intense yelling. 

"Come on, dad!" 

"You got this, Kate!" 

Cooper's cheering for his dad is stopped by Lila encouraging Kate. Who would've thought the Barton's Christmas would consist of Clint bringing home another lost young adult, saying she's his partner, and now fighting her in a challenge of knocking down cups on the table by flipping coins. The trick he taught Kate not so long ago. 

No one's complaining, though. They're all having fun, Nathaniel and Cooper standing next to their father in the middle of the room as he focuses on the small cup tower across the room, gripping the coin between his index and pointer finger. Lila is beside Kate. The young girl took a quick liking to Clint's new partner and it's honestly heart -warming to watch, if Clint ignores the fact that his own daughter picked a stranger's side over his.

As for Kate? She feels amazing. She feels included, welcomed into this family that just seems so…genuine. So warm and close to each other, nothing like hers has been in over a decade. She really thought her Christmas and life overall would get completely ruined after imprisoning Eleanor and, well, everything else that happened. Fighting the mafia, a weirdly friendly assassin, making some enemies and nearly dying at least twice…yeah, it surely did look like it would all be ruined. But boy was she wrong. 

Kate Bishop ended up being HAWKEYE's partner, like, the real Hawkeye. Clint Barton. The avenger. They're partners now and have fought and won together. There's that. 

And then there's also how she's not alone. Everyone is so nice to her, Lucky is here, the kids adore her, so does Laura, they even added an extra present under the Christmas tree this morning, just for Kate. No idea where they got it from or how, but they put it there. It was some tools and resources for trick arrows. Clint promised he'd show her how to craft those later on this day. 

After they all opened the gifts Laura left to make hot chocolate for everyone and as the kids were excited about their new things and Kate and Clint sat in a comfortable silence, petting Lucky and playing with his fur to get a reaction, Lila suddenly came up with the question.

"Hey, Kate, do you know how to do dad's tricks?" referring to the coin one, and probably others too. 

"Course' I do." 

Kate replied confidently. And Clint nearly snorted next to her. 

"You're too confident. You barely did one." 

And Kate took it as a challenge. 

So that's how they both ended up with two coins, 5 meters away from a table with cup towers on it, the kids hyping them up by their side. They've been throwing and flipping those things for over 10 minutes and so far the score is a 25-23 for Clint.