Universal Transcendence and Elvis Presley

She's fallen, what…2000 meters so far? Feels like it. 

Looking left or right, there's no sign of the others. Kate's fingers tighten around the bow she's miraculously still holding while approaching the frozen ground. 

Looking down all she can see is white, the avalanche breaking everything in its way. She's so close to hitting the ground when another chunk of a tree ripped out of its roots flies into her. The contact feels like a god damn tank, increasing the speed of the fall. And then Kate hits the ground and starts rolling inside the avalanche. 

Only that it's not exactly hitting the ground or getting buried in snow. In fact, most of the snow doesn't even get to her because someone is wrapped around her, an arm circling her waist and another shielding her face. The person's front is pressed against her back and whoever it is they're burning like a bon fire, warmth radiating from them as they're thrown left and right by the avalanche. Kate shuts her eyes and tries to block out the sounds and the overwhelming feeling of not being able to breathe, the darkness, the confusion of what's happening. And then she feels how hands grip at her shoulders and the person moves before going up, quite literally flying out of the avalanche and off the ground. 

The archer opens her eyes only to see how she's in the air, fastly approaching the forest. Dangerously approaching it, uncontrollably, actually - and, yeah. She's flown straight into a tree and she's falling to the ground again, the person trying to catch her in time. 

It's only when Kate falls into a deep layer of snow and rolls that she gets a glimpse of a jacket with a star on it. America's apparently saving her? Yeah, that's what's happening. The two roll a few more meters because of the impact and then stop abruptly, Kate ending up on top of Chavez, who's laid on her back. On the ground, both full of snow and looking deplorable. 

Kate is so confused because of what just happened. All she knows is that this girl saved her life from crashing to death. And now she's on top of her and she's not breaking eye contact, which makes it so much worse. But that takes time to process. What Kate knows for sure is that this woman is dangerous. The reflexes kick in before her brain can stop them. 

"What are you doing?" America deadpans when Kate doesn't roll off of her and instead takes her pistol out to aim it at her. The fucking audacity. 

Kate ignores that and breathes heavily, hoping she can keep America pinned and put the gun to her head from this position. America catches her wrist and holds it in the air with ease, though. Next thing Kate knows is that America is pulling her down towards her (probably for a shock effect, which works), and then throws her 3 meters away. The archer hits the ground with a thud and exhales sharply, in pain. She looks to her right to see America stand up. Oh, she also notices the bow is still in her hand. Ha, should get extra points for not dropping it while inside an avalanche. 

"I save your life and you try to shoot me? You have any concept of gratitude? " America's not so impressed voice brings Kate to reality. Kate forces herself to sit up, everything still spinning. She's taken way too many hits, and now the cold is hitting her as well without America being her human shield. 

"Yeah, you're not exactly a knight in shining armor." Comes the passive aggressive reply. One rescue won't change the fact this woman killed Clint. 

"A knight in shining armor wasn't gonna save you from that, Princess." America looks to the left. 

They ended up at the bottom of another mountain, next to the blown up lab. It's…destroyed. Completely. The avalanche wiped out everything in its way and only stopped after reaching the tundra. Rocks and broken trees come out of the huge amount of snow in places. Kate got caught up in that thing earlier, then pulled out. Maybe she can be a little bit grateful…