Whitewashed Vision

"Do you truthfully enjoy making me feel bad?" 

"I'm not doing anything!" Yelena replies to Kate with a mouthful of strawberry yogurt, revolted by such accusations. 

"You're giving me that judgy look again. Like you're…you're- you're looking into my soul !" Kate whines again. 

They're in the Trans-Siberian train. They went to Russia as fast as they could and caught it since Mason said he'd get the Snowmobiles first thing in the morning. So the three are currently inside the moving train in the middle of the dark tundra (because, yes, it's night. Time Zones). Have been in it for hours. Cassie's gone to the cart with the biggest windows to stare out at the snow like she's a child. Because she is. 

That leaves Kate and Yelena alone. Not a good combo:

"What judgy look? This is not a judgy look, Kate. It's just my face."

"It is . You have a judgy face. It's the same look you gave me the entire time we were buying the jackets." The warm clothes they're wearing right now, since they are going on a mission in an area with temperatures below zero. 

"I was trying to silently tell you to move faster because we were in a hurry and you were taking forever." 

"No, you were criticizing every single thing I picked!"

"Because they weren't warm enough! You were looking for purple things only, for the looks. I was trying to help. Though, your fashion sense is bad too-" 

"Oh, thank god." Kate nearly rolls her eyes at the blonde, would have been a terrible mistake, when Cassie comes back in and slumps down in the seat next to Kate's:

"Do you know that scene in Frozen after Elsa makes the whole Kingdom be covered in ice and snow? It looks like that outside!" 

"Oh my god." Yelena puts her face in her hands, absolutely exasperated: "I can't believe you let her tag along."

Cassie ignores that and looks at the box in front of Yelena: "Is that strawberry yogurt?" 

The temptation to snatch it is big. But the fear of Yelena is bigger: "Touch it and you being in a HYDRA lab at our expanse won't be the only child endangerment happening."

Cassie scoffs: "You're not endangering me. I consented to this."

"No, I'm endangering myself for having you around." Yelena scoffs, leaning back and taking a spoonful of her yogurt.

"Guy in the chair, remember? She doesn't go in, she helps from outside." Kate sighs and looks down at the device in her hand. An ipad with the map of Siberia and the red mark that shows where photon energy has been detected. And where they currently are. Like google maps, but in the middle of nowhere. She's trying to see when it would be the most fitting to jump. 

"Chair? What chair? You make no sense." Yelena decides. And then she holds her hand out for the woman with the food. "Can I get another one?!" 

Kate looks at the 7 other empty yogurt cups on the seat next to Yelena. A smug smile creeps on her lips. 

"Enjoy those?" 

"More than I enjoy your company." Yelena mumbles back while dipping into another cup. 

"Ouch." Cassie comments from the side: "I thought she was a friendly assassin."

"That was less passive aggressive than the last insult!" Kate keeps her positive attitude. Specifically because it annoys Yelena more.