Trained Assasins Cult

"Mom?" 

Kate's voice is so quiet and full of pure shock, Clint and Yelena barely hear it. The amount of fear in Eleanor's voice, the fact that she's calling Kate for help from prison, the way it sounds like she's so disturbed… the younger needs a moment, or more, to properly comprehend it. Time in which Eleanor just keeps talking on the other end, but no use. For Kate it's all blurry and tricky, she's not hearing a thing. What the hell is it with her and getting all these life changing calls and messages in the spawn of 3 days? Someone put a damn curse on her for sure. 

Eleanor's panicked but inaudible voice keeps going on and on rapidly, it even gets Clint to sit up and share a concerned look with Yelena. Kate's just…frozen. That's when the blonde takes matters into her own hands and smacks Kate's shoulder a bit too rough. She'd lie if she didn't say it's a bit of a revenge driven action for that slap in the elevator. Either way, it works. Kate snaps out of her trance and gives Yelena a painful look that's silently asking 'why?', rubbing her arm. And then Eleanor's words start making sense, and it's all messy. Kate immediately speaks, voice all too weak still. 

"Mom, wait, wait, calm down." 

The adrenaline kicks in and Kate starts pacing around the room nervously, her eyes searching for Clint's in panic. This is too much for her to handle. 

"It's alright, start over- breathe. What happened? Why do you need my help? 

"Oh, Kate, honey… I was wrong. I shouldn't have gotten involved in this, I could've avoided it when I had time…King-Pin's still alive. He came to my prison yesterday, in the evening." 

Eleanor's struggling to find her words. She had definitely been crying. 

"He threatened me, he told me that if…he said I betrayed him and he'd kill me in here if I don't finish what he asked me to- and, and then- last night someone appeared in my cell, Kate. It was a guy, someone in a white costume and his eyes were sparkling…he came through this thing, a portal. Just opened in the cell, out of nowhere, star shaped. Then it closed and the man in the suit grabbed me by the throat and threatened me again and asked me where Hawkeye is and went on with King-Pin's threats and I couldn't breathe -"

And she's crying again. 

And so is Kate, almost. 

"What do you mean where's Hawkeye- what thing did he ask you to do , mom? What portal, what man in white, what are you talking about? You're making no sense!"

Clint stands up from his place and makes his way to his desperate partner through all the gear, stopping in silence to see if Yelena has any idea about any of that. He assumes she'd know for some reason. The russian shrugs with as much confusion. Kate doesn't even seem to acknowledge she's not alone in the room at this point. 

"I don't know, Kate- it's what happened. I just- come here. Please. Come to the prison, I'll explain it all…maybe you can help. You're with an Avenger now and-" 

"Mom, I'm not even in New Yo-" 

And Kate feels a hand fly to her mouth, stopping her from speaking before she finishes. It's Yelena's hand. The blonde can easily tell this is about something big. A portal? King-Pin? Looking for Hawkeye. Some new strange superpowers guy? Big. Bad. Something you want to be careful about, not reveal much. Especially your location when you're with the man that seems to be the target, Clint Barton. So Yelena stops Kate in time, just in case. She tilts her head and locks eyes with Bishop until she gets the idea and nods, hand slightly trembling on the phone. 

"Give it to Clint." Yelena continues. 

"What? Kate? Where are you?" Eleanor's confused voice at the silence comes. And it truly hurts Kate, but Clint nods at what Yelena said and holds his hand out. Kate gives in and hands him the phone. He gets straight to the point.