Chapter 7 - Why would we need a body guard?

2005

"You want to what?" questioned y/n. "I want to be yours and Draken's bodyguard!" Takemichi said. 'This will be the perfect way to save them!' he thought with confidence. "Yeah, no thanks Takemitchy." responded Draken. Takemichi lifted his head and sighed in defeat. 'I guess I'll just have to follow them around...'

'I've got two problems on my hands. y/n is supposed to die tomorrow and Draken and Mikey are going to get into a fight' Takemichi was currently sitting in a restaurant thinking of a plan when his thoughts were interrupted by yelling. "You're going to pay for this!" yelled an irritated Mikey. 'Are they fighting already?!' Takemichi turned around to see Mikey yelling at a waiter while y/n and Draken simply sighed at his behavior. "There's no flag in my kids meal!" he continued. Takemichi sweatdropped, 'That's what he's upset about? At least him and Draken aren't fighting I guess...' "Here's a flag Mikey.." Draken placed a flag in his meal looking annoyed, to which Mikey's face only lit up in excitement. "Wow!! You're the best Kenny!"

Takemichi felt relieved and continued on with his thinking until another yell could be heard, this time from Draken. "You've got to be kidding me!" 'Is this the fight?' he thought, only to turn around and see Mikey fast asleep with Draken placing him on his back. "I hate that you fall asleep after you eat! It's a pain in the ass!" he yelled carrying Mikey out while y/n followed behind them.

Takemichi followed the three to a hospital and hid behind a wall, listening in to their conversation. "Moebius left this girl like this. They beat and raped her in front of Pah's friend and then went after his parents." stated Draken. You had a sad look on your face and were about to say something until yelling could be heard. "What are you doing here! This is your fault she's like this! Get out of here!" An angry man yelled, to which you and Draken immediately bowed. "Who do you think you're talking to? We didn't do this!" yelled Mikey only to be pulled down into a bow by Draken. "Kenny! What are you doing? We shouldn't bow to this guy! We didn't do anything!" he yelled. "Pipe down Mikey." was his only response.

The man began to cry. "Why should this happen to my daughter... She didn't do anything to deserve this!" he wept. "Get out of here." he sternly said, "I don't want to see your faces here ever again." He then walked away leaving the three of you bowing.

"I'm not saying you need to bow your head Mikey, but have a heart." Draken stated, to which you nodded in agreement. "We all have people we care about, and they shouldn't be hurt just because we have chose to be delinquents. It's not right." you said. Mikey simply hummed. "You two are right. Thank you, I'm glad to have you by my side, even you y/n." Mikey responded. You smiled at his comment, happy that he had at least a little care for you.

'It makes sense now why Mikey would be lost without them... They're his heart.'

Takemichi followed the three to the front of the hospital only to see Mitsuya waiting for them. Mikey hopped on the back of his bike while Mitsuya talked with Draken about a meeting. "So how about the abandoned warehouse tomorrow? I'll pick up Peh and Pah." he said. "Yeah that's fine. See you later." Draken waved them off. 'Warehouse?! Tomorrow?! That must be where y/n is supposed to die!' he panicked.

Takemichi ventured back to the future to tell Naoto his findings. "I think you gave me some bad intel about Mikey and Draken fighting. They would never fight!" he explained. Naoto informed Takemichi that he had found the person that had killed you. "His name is Osanai. We can go visit him in prison and ask for some details. He was the leader of a gang called Moebius, and they got into an altercation 12 years ago tomorrow, that resulted in y/n's death" he stated. "Moebius?! that's the gang that they're planning to fight on August 3rd! They must have also been the reason for Draken's death!" he replied

They went to visit this Osanai guy in prison to get some more intel on the situation. "I regret killing y/n. She was only trying to protect her friends and I was young and stupid." he stated. "I see... And what about Draken's death? Your gang killed them didn't they?" Naoto asked. Osanai was visibly shaken up by his question. "No... No! It was all part of his plan... Our problem with Toman was only the catalyst. I had nothing to do with that!" he yelled, "It was due to infighting... that he wanted..." Takemichi and Naoto were left confused. "Who's he? Who's plan?" Naoto continued to question, but to no avail. "I have nothing more to say to you two." he stated as he was being taken away by officers. As he was being walked out all he said was "If only they didn't die.. then..."

Takemichi didn't know what to make of their visit with Osanai. At least he had gained a bit of intel on the situation. With y/n's death being so close to happening him and Naoto decided it would be best for him to travel back to past as soon as possible.