Chapter 11 - It's nice to meet you

2005

Takemichi takes out Kiyomasa by choking him. Right now both Draken and Takemichi are in the ambulance. "Thank you Takemitchy. I really owe you for this. Take care of Mikey and y/n for me..." Draken said as his voice trailed off.

"Mikey, go to hospital now, he needs you
right now. I'll handle him" You spoke with a
shaky voice. Mikey was hesitant at first, not wanting you to protect him yet again, but he gently pat your back before he took off, which surprised you. Mikey raced through the streets with his CB250T.

"Agh- I'm beat!" Mitsuya said. "Woo, I'm done for." Smiley said. "Oh, have you seen Mikey and y/n?" Mitsuya questioned "Mikey left, and y/n is over there." Baji replied while pointing to you. They all looked at you, you were in a pretty rough state, you looked tired.
"Man fighting you is tiring! You look like you're tired but you're not even out of breath! What are you, a monster?" Hanma spoke as he
chuckled. A motorbike sound was heard, a person with a tattoo on their head came and Hanma took off with him.

"Tell Mikey this y/n! We're forming the biggest gang in Kanto! It's name is Valhalla, and as long as we're around, Toman will never know peace!" he yelled as he sped off. You and the captains then sped to the hospital praying for your friend's safety. "Kenny, you bastard! You better not die on me" You spoke with gritted teeth.

The others were waiting outside the OR. You walked in with a blank expression on your face. You walked over to the others, after you asked Takemichi where the waiting room was. Emma came running over to you and hugged you tight. You hugged her back and stroked her
hair. You then went and sat on the seat
furthest in the back, you closed your eyes as
you all waited for doctors to come out of
surgery. "Kenny... has always made good on his
word, since way back. He's not gonna die
here. He'd never be that dishonest." Mikey said while smiling.

The doctors came out of surgery. "We stopped his life from ending. The operation was a success." The doctor announced, causing everyone to yell in happiness, poor Emma cried on your shoulder. After she had let go to hug Hinata, you slipped out of the hospital without anyone noticing. Or so you thought. Mikey had noticed this. However, he didn't go after you, because he still wasn't sure how to treat you. As much as his heart wanted him to go after you, he held back.

The others then went back to the guys waiting outside. Peh was feeling guilty of what happened, but Mitsuya welcomed him back to Toman with a smile. "Oh no! look at the time!! It's past midnight" Hinata said while looking at her phone. "It's August 4th already." Emma added. 'It's August 4th?! Naoto... I did it! y/n and Draken are alive!' Takemichi cheered in his head.

Takemichi then came to realization that a
certain individual wasn't anywhere to be seen.
He then went looking for you, until he spotted you. You were at the back of the hospital, you slowly leaned down against the wall, you had a blank expression on your face, you looked so tired. You covered your face with your hand, and began to cry.

Mikey had finally came to the decision that he should go after you. I mean, he did tell you that you were now friends... and that's what friends do, right? Takemichi then noticed Mikey walking up to him. Mikey put his finger on his lips to signal to Takemichi to be quiet. He then told Takemichi that he'll handle it from there. Takemichi then left leaving you and Mikey.

Mikey then made his way over, and sat down next to you, pulling you into a tight
hug, he now had tears coming down his eyes
too. You both sat there in silence as you both let your tears flow down. As much as you two should be surprised at the interaction you were having right now, you both were in too much pain to bring any attention to it. You had to admit though, it felt good having someone there to cry with you, especially if it was Mikey.

Soon after some time, you calmed down
when Mikey spoke up. "y/n", Mikey started. You looked up at him with puffy eyes. The sight of this did something to him. He realized he never wanted to see you this way. He had also come to the realization that he never wanted any harm to come to you. He realized he cared. "I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the way I've treated you in the past. You've done a lot for me and i've never even told you thank you. I know now that I care about you and value you. I want to do what you suggested before. I want to start over as friends and really put in the effort this time." Mikey's voice soft as he gently held you. You then sighed, not out of exasperation, but out of relief.

You turned your gaze back to him and gave him the warmest smile you could muster at that moment. His heart skipped at the sight causing a bit of confusion within him. Why did he suddenly feel warm when he saw your smile? He wasn't sure of the answer but he welcomed the feeling. "That makes me happier than you would ever know to hear that from you, Manjiro." Your answer made him happy.

You jokingly held out your hand which confused him. "I'm y/n l/n. It's very nice to meet you." he then caught on to what you were trying to do. With a smile he took your hand and began to speak. "I'm Mikey, or Manjiro Sano. But please call me Manjiro. It's nice to meet you too." He smiled. Never once has he truly smiled at you or anything you've said. The sight was amazing to you. Little did you two know you had a couple people watching you...

Emma, Hinata, Takemichi, and Mitsuya were all watching from behind a corner out of view of the two of you. "Enemies to lovers arc?..." Emma whisper squealed, earning a "shhh!" from Mitsuya. "We have to tell Draken about this when he wakes up!" Takemichi whisper yelled excitedly.