Chapter 8 - Why would you protect me?

2005

    It was now the day that you were meant to die, and Takemichi was rushing to the warehouse hoping he would make it in time to save you. A wave of relief blew over him as he ran in and saw you standing right next to Draken, completely fine. "What's up Takemitchy?" asked Mikey. "Hiya Mitchy!" you smiled his way. "We're talking about some serious shit right now." said Draken as Peh and Pah basically yelled at him to fuck off.

    "You have to stop the conflict with Moebius! I can't tell you guys why or how but there's someone else pulling the strings! You guys are gonna be in trouble!" Takemichi yelled. You just stared at him in confusion. What would he know? He just received a punch in response from Pah. "We have to call it off and you can't tell us why? What a joke! What about my friend and his girlfriend huh?!" He yelled at him. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you guys do this! Toman will be finished! I just became friends with you guys!" He responded.

    "Takemitchy said he's not backing down... maybe we should look into Moebius a bit more Mikey." reasoned Draken. "Huh? Kenny, Are you going against Toman?" Mikey asked. "What? No, that's not what I said." "Funny. That's what I heard." he replied. You all stood not sure what to say to relieve the tension.

    "Moebius this, Moebius that! Why don't you keep our name out of your mouth!" An unknown voice said from the entrance of the building. "It's that son of bitch Osanai!" Pah said through gritted teeth. "Hey, i'm two years older than you, it's MR son of a bitch to you." He said. "Heard you were looking for a fight so I thought why not bring the fight to you?" snapping his fingers, almost 100 guys flooded the place surrounding all of you. 'Oh shit! This is how y/n is gonna die!!' Takemichi panicked.

    "Your fight is with me asshole!" Pah yelled only to be met with a punch from Osanai. He continued getting beaten without landing a single hit on Osanai. "Pah is gonna die at this rate! Stop him!" Takemichi yelled. "Just sit back and watch, Takemitchy." said Mikey with a blank face. "Mikey that's cruel! Look at him!  He's done for! You have to stop him!" His concerns were only met with Mikey's smiling face. "Why should I? He hasn't given up yet."

    After another minute or two of Pah's brutal beating, he started to fall, landing on Mikey's shoulder. "I'm sorry I lost... I'm worthless Mikey.."

   "Oh Pah, but you didn't lose."

   Mikey caused an uproar of laughter from Moebius with that one sentence. "Are you blind?! Look at him!" "What do you mean he didn't lose?!" Yells could be heard from the gang as Mikey placed Pah on the ground and made his way up to Osanai. "What? Is it your turn? I'll have you down in ten secon-" Osanai was cut off by three perfect kicks from Mikey, leaving him unconscious on the ground. Everyone from Moebius was shocked. 'With Osanai taken down, and y/n sitting right here... Did her fate take care of itself?' wondered Takemichi. He was lost in thought until he heard a yell. "Manjiro!!" He quickly snapped out of it and saw you jump in front of Mikey while Osanai was charging at you two with a broken bottle.

    Without thinking, Takemichi quickly pushed Osanai to the ground, making him drop the bottle. Mikey simply stood there looking at y/n with an unreadable expression. Why would the girl he's tormented put her life on the line for him? "Are you okay Manjiro?" you turned to look at him with a worried face. He stood silent in disbelief of what you had just done for him. Had Takemichi not pushed Osanai away, you would have had your life taken away in the place of Mikey. You waited for an answer from him, still looking worried. "...Why would you protect me?" he asked. "Why wouldn't I? You're my friend." you replied. You two stared at each other, you staring in worry and him in disbelief, and were oblivious to the commotion Draken was causing next to them kneeing Osanai in the stomach.

    The next thing that happened, none of them expected. You and Mikey snapped out of your conversation when all eyes were on Osanai with a knife in his back, with Pah holding the handle. Draken immediately pushed him off and tried to wake up Osanai. "Pah! You brought a knife?!" you yelled to him. Even Pah looked confused by his actions.

    Sirens could be heard in the distance. "Pah! Come on! We have to go!" yelled Mikey. "It's ok you guys, I'll go with the cops." he smiled as Draken was running with Mikey in one arm and his other hand pulling you along. "Mikey come on! We have to go!" he yelled.

   The group of you were running until a thud could be heard behind you. "Takemitchy!" You exclaimed as you ran towards his unconscious body. The rest of you took him to the hospital and called Emma to check on him.

    With Takemichi

    Takemichi woke up to see Emma standing next to his hospital bed. "Emma! What happened... Am I in the hospital?" he asked in confusion. "y/n called me to come check on you... she said you had passed out while you all were running." She looked down and started crying. "Oh Takemitchy! Mikey and Draken are in a fight and Toman is going to split up!" she cried. "Wait what?! What are they fighting about?" he asked. "I'm not sure... y/n didn't tell me, but she said it's bad! They won't even talk to each other!" she continued sobbing.

    Takemichi had been out of the hospital for a few days and was currently bored out of his mind until a certain group of people busted into his room. "Hey guys! What are you doing here?" he asked as he saw his group of friends. "We came to check on you! What else?" Yamagishi said. He explained to Takemichi what was going between Draken and Mikey and about Toman splitting up. "So Draken wants to respect Pah's decision and Mikey wants to bail him out huh?" he said. "Hey! Who are you guys name dropping now?" said Draken poking his head into the room. "Draken!?" the group of boys were surprised to see him.

    "So... What's Mikey up to?" Takemichi asked hoping to gain a little information about their fight. "Don't mention that asshole's name to me! I'm through with him." He said pissed. Takemichi was following Draken as he was walking out of the house only to be met with the last person Draken wanted to see.

    "What are you doing here beanpole?"