o n e | j a c k i e

{ O N E } : J A C K I E.
T H R E E D A Y S E A R L I E R . . .

One would wonder why the golden girl of Bubble Academy was always the last to turn up at light's out, either she had dirt to dig up, some dork to mess up or she was solving a mysterious case.

Buttermilk and moonlight Aubrey Simon.

Unlike every other night she was edgy and agitated as she crossed the yard, speed walking. She had told Bonnie and Chloe to return without her tonight because she had some unfinished business. Well, she is Aubrey Simon, she always has unfinished business.

She cautiously walked through the halls of the girls dormitory, stopping at room 028, she stuck her little torch between her lips. Pulling a pin from her golden blond curls, she picked the lock.

Her target tonight was the girl sleeping on a bed positioned at the left side of the room.

"Psst! Freak! Get up!" She whispered coldly, shaking the girl under a navy blue blanket.

"I do have a name you know." The girl with dark curls mumbled and rolled over.

"Your name sucks... Jackie." Aubrey never missed an opportunity to razz the poor girl.

"Right." The girl turned to the other side and shut her out.

"Fine! I need your help, Jazz."

"Damn, wish I recorded that." The girl's voice drooled with sarcasm.

Aubrey groaned inwardly.

"Come on Cuz! Don't do me like this, I really need this solid."

The girl with the dark curls groaned and tossed her blanket to the side.

Aubrey grabbed something metallic from the side drawer while rushing her words, "The Brown House that's where we are headed, I've already gotten your laptop."

"At least let me grab my glasses, you know, I'm sorta blind."

| | |

"So you believe everything that's been happening since last semester, haven't just been accidents?" Jazz repeated, drawing circles in the air as her hand rotated in it's socket.

They both sat in the dimly lit refectory with Aubrey's little torch light poised in the middle of the coffee brown table. Jazz's laptop was opened on the table as well but her attention was solely on Aubrey's white journal.

Aubrey nodded desperately as she tossed a Dunkaroos cookie into her mouth, refusing to take her fingers from her lips as she hooded the taste of frosting. "Mhmm, I'm certain. The trap door incident, when Allen's brand-new purple resin necklace that was the talk of the semester went missing too."

"Okay maybe there's a little thief, what's that gotta do with anything, Bri?"

"Not just a little thief, they are after the color purple, which is weird-"

"Totally!" Jazz sighed and slammed the white leather journal on the brown wooden table, "Aubs, school just literally resumed-"

"Just hear me out okay? I got this purple and silver charm bracelet, if my hypothesis is correct this thief is supposed to come find me-"

"Their favorite color is PURPLE??" Jazz read out, questioning her cousin's sanity with doe eyes behind her glasses.