n i n e | f e e l i n g s

{ N I N E } : F E E L I N G S.

The day had began incredulously.

"You should totally sit the entire day out, Jazz." Felicity had advised the moment Jazz got out of her bed.

Barely an hour into the school day, Jazz wished she had taken Felicity's advise. Surprisingly, the pair had bonded over the issue last night. Well Jazz didn't exactly go spilling all her secrets to her roommate even though she was rather high in her feelings.

Jazz Brown was a relatively secretive person.

She had singlehandedly fooled the entire Bubble Academy into believing her name was actually Jazz Brown. Even her tests results reported her name as; J. Brown. She never wrote her first name in full during exams because her student ID number mattered the most.

Her sight was gloomy, her tongue numb and her limbs weak but she was still determined to make it through today. She didn't intend to give Grey the satisfaction of knowing how much effect he had on her. She was strong and was going to prove it.

Grey Anderson was absent from class today. And every other person she came in close contact with were into sciences except Bonnie Black and Livia Solace.

Wondering what Aubrey would have said to motivate her as she sat in a trance staring at the dark green chalk board. Mrs Dayne's voice droning in the distance, she felt like she was underwater.

At least no one was taking about seven orphaned ginger cats today.

"America wouldn't have been America today if not for Amerigo Vespucci. He was a voyager and visionary but most importantly a legend, the new world owes him everything..." Mrs Dayne spoke.

The bell echoed in the hallway.

Finally it was time for recess.

Trudging out of the classroom with everyone, she took slow steps in the direction of the Brown House.

Every eye was perched on her brown body as she walked into the Brown House. Whispers erupted in the hall, sighing, she was only trying to grab lunch like everyone else because the last three periods had sucked her dry or maybe it was thanks to her emotions.

That's when she noticed the new snack vending machine. It was all black with white lights surrounding the edge of the show-glass on the inside.

The stares were beginning to bore holes into her back. Shrugging them off, she decided on grabbing a snack and drink and cascading out of the rather toxic atmosphere.

After securing three sachets of Cheetos and a can of Sprite, she made to flee but the doors to the refectory flew open and Grey Anderson walked in. A white notebook and printed paper in his hand. After not seeing him all day, her heart pounded faster in her chest.

Every head turned towards him.

But he was looking at one person. His death glare fixed directly into her soft ones despite the distance between them.

"What the f*ck, Jacqueline?!" He cussed as he approached her.

Jazz winced at the sound of her own name.

How did Grey Anderson know her real name overnight?

Everyone seemed to pause their chatter as his voice boomed through the atmosphere, their concentration on the two like they were putting up some waltz dancing show.

"Can we not do this here?" Jazz croaked out, apparently she was the only one who still had dignity to protect.

"Stop trying to play victim, after all you're not the one who just had your family's secret exposed to the whole school!" Grey said grimly, the white of his eyes already a light red. He was in pain.