t - f o u r | p u r p l e i s a c o l o r

{ T - F O U R } : P U R P L E  I S  A  C O L O R.

The group trudged to the shed, side by side.

"This is a bad idea." Jazz whispered to Grey.

Grey looked down at the girl by his side, he could sense her fear and his eyes softened, "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

"Uhm Chapel is the other way if y'all want to take your vows." Chloe teased.

They laughed and brought their attention back to Aubrey and Allen trying to get the shed door open.

"It's tricky. Allow me." Chloe volunteered.

In seconds, the door to the creepy shed flew open and they all walked into the ominous cloud of dust. Allen and Aubrey had torches that easily illuminated the dusty cobwebbed cubicle.

"Spider!" Jazz shrieked.

"What the hell?" Allen's mouth dropped open as he gaped at her. "It's literally a spider, you can step on it." He added, demonstrating by stomping his foot on the insect.

"Jesus Christ, Jazz!" Aubrey gasped.

"Sorry." Jazz squeaked, "I mean it's totally my fault I have arachnid phobia or whatever it is called."

She felt embarrassed. She just made a fool of herself in front of Grey Anderson. Would he still be interested in her after tonight?

"I feel like you're not taking this serious, you weren't there in the Refectory that night, I almost died Jazz. Purple's next victim might not be so lucky." Aubrey said.

"Give her a break Aubs." Allen interfered.

"She's sleep deprived and scared of spiders, we'll stay outside as look out." Grey said to Allen and Aubrey.

"I don't do well with nature either." Jazz murmured under her breath, recalling the length of those weeds in the unkempt lawn.

Chloe on the other hand had gone down to business inspecting the vending machine with the torch Allen had handed her when Jazz screamed.

"They'll be no need for that." Chloe called out, toying with two black wires.

Questioning glances landed in her direction.

"The vending machine has been wiped clean." She added.

"I don't understand Chloe, you said you didn't find anything." Allen reminded her, confused to say the least.

"I lied."

Jazz could feel her eyes bulging behind her glasses, "Say what now?!"

"You've gotta be kidding me."

Jazz and Grey exchanged knowing looks.

"If what Jazz told me the other night is true we might be looking at a larger picture, I don't want to be talking stories but I think–"

"My mom might know something?" Grey interjected, finishing her statement.

Jazz and Chloe nodded simultaneously.

Aubrey was awfully quiet.

"Head Mistress May? What did I miss?"

"Valentine's day." Grey stated.

"We would leave you boys to catch up. Aubrey, Jazz, we have girl talk."

"No one's leaving this room. Chloe start talking." Allen wasn't having it, "I knew you were hiding something but I don't get why you would lie to us. Like why? It makes no sense."