t w e l v e | a u b r e y a g a i n ?

{ T W E L V E } : A U B R E Y  A G A I N?

Jazz brown had never been this excited about Aubrey Simon.

Her mom, however, had refused to return home since she left for Hawaii. Instead her getaway trip had turned to a world tour and currently she was somewhere in Vienna Austria, riding on the orient express.

Of course, Jazz was most grateful because she kept stabbing garden duty and was using her free time to sleep her heart out. Suspension was fun. It brought out her nonchalant side plus at home, almost everything was done for her.

The maids had resumed helping her, thanks to her Dad.

But today, she was feeling rather graceful and for the sake of her jetlagged dignity, she did her garden duty.

Aubrey was awake and doing better.

She was finally going to visit her and maybe just maybe get some answers.

It's not like Purple could pull any strings outside Bubble Academy.

Holed up like a mole in a mine in her family's Green House, She wiped beads of perspiration off her forehead with her rubber gloved hands. The morning sun so called vitamin D, to Jazz the D stood for Death.

Vitamin Death.

Thirsty and dizzy, she tried to finish pruning the white rose bush and that's when she noticed the coiling sesame oil.

The garden was a wash of bright colors as a result of constant photosynthesis. And sure as hell Jazz could hardly name any of the flowers present apart from the roses, lilies, lavenders, hibiscuses, tulips and three maturing sunflowers.

She planned to pick out one of each for Aubrey except the sunflower of course. Her mom will have her head.

"Jacqueline!" Max's voice echoed from outside the green house.

Jazz rolled her doe eyes behind those glass frames, of course he would call her by her full name.

"In here, Daddy!" She shouted back, scrambling to her feet, her buckled knees felt weak.

He screamed, "There's worm on your shirt."

Her soiled red t-shirt. Looking down at herself in quick fright, she realized...

"There's nothing on my shirt, old man." She replied with a weak teasing smile.

Equally teasing, He replied, "Oh but there is."

Jazz chuckled, "You're leaving already?"

He looked expensive in his all black tuxedo and white inner shirt, his well oiled waves glowed under the ray of sunshine streaming in through the roof glass. A black briefcase dangling at his side.

He nodded, "The chauffeur is ready when you are. Take good care of yourself and say hi to Aunty Gwen for me, okay?"

"Aye captain."

Maxwell Brown kissed his daughter's sweaty forehead. "Alright, Darling."

There was no way in green galaxy she was returning to gardening now so she dipped.

| | |

Jazz liked the smell of hospitals.

The small bouquet she had put together herself cradled close to her chest as she strolled through the hallway, her Chuck Taylor's squeaking against the shiny tiled surface of Seattle General.

Her pulse was faster than that of a race horse.

Unhappy thoughts clouded her mind and fright creeped into her soul. What if the electrocution had changed Aubrey Simon forever? She wouldn't be able to live with that.