t - t w o | m o n a l i s a

{ T - T W O } : M O N A  L I S A.

Jian succeeded in getting Jazz out of the history classroom.

Seeing it was a lecture free day, the hallway was dark and deserted. The hallway lights had been turned off.

Muffled chartering could be heard in the distance coming from the common room. Most students were making use of the side entrance that was closer to the dormitories and led straight into the common room.

Jazz had entered the lecture block through the main entrance and now the common room was at the other end of the building.

"The people wanna know though... How did you get into Bubble Academy on such short notice? I mean most of us here entered as freshmen." Jazz asked Jian as they strolled side by side.

"Bubble Academy is the most prestigious high school in all of Washington DC. I needed it for my portfolio." Jian supplied.

"What about college? We've taken SATs, written application essays and done interviews already."

"And yes yes you're going to Yale. I'm happy for you Jazz. Still feels weird calling you Jazz when your actual name isn't Jasmine."

Was he changing topic?

"Are you trying to change the topic, Jian?"

"Maybe." Jian smirked, "If you must know, Jac– Jazz, I am going to Washington Central University. My dad happens to be friends with the chancellor and I don't have to go through all that college application stress."

Jazz didn't know when her mouth dropped open, "You sly serpent!"

"Just taking advantage of my last born privileges. Before you ask again, I have twin elder sisters; Sharon and Shamei. You'll meet them at Black is Beautiful."

"I'm so looking forward to it now."

"Maxwell Brown is your Dad and he's the founder of B-I-B, not to mention your parents are the hosts of the gala and you weren't looking forward to it?"

Another voice rescued Jazz from answering Jian's question. The boy knew how to put her on the spot.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you've been avoiding me."

Jazz paused in her tracks and turned around slowly, "Aubrey Simon."

"Jacqueline Brown." Aubrey's lips tipped to the side as she approached the duo, "And you must be the new student." She addressed Jian.

The girl standing before Jazz was a far cry from the one Jazz had visited in the hospital two weeks ago. Her face looked alive and glowed silver alongside her golden curls in the dimness of the classroom corridor.

Aubrey's mere presence exuded so much confidence as she stood gracefully in an oversized pink wool sweater vest, white long sleeve ruffled shirt and a short penciled plaid purple skirt that left her perfectly spotless butter skin thighs and legs on display. A pair of white fur ankle boots finished off her magazine cover fashion. Overkill? Yes but that was Aubrey Simon. Flamboyance was what she knew best.

"Wish I could say I know who you are as well." Jian said with a small smile.

The girl was breathtaking.

Aubrey's blue eyes twinkled as she spoke confidently, "You will."

Jazz rolled her eyes, "Is that pride I hear? And good luck getting your post back from Livia Solace."

"That is not debatable. She was just privileged to warm my bench." Aubrey said, walking.

Jazz and Jian fell into step beside her as they trudged in the direction of the common room.

"You just returned and you're already roaming lonely hallways."

Aubrey scoffed, "I don't want to give my enemies the satisfaction of knowing they got to me." She paused and faced Jazz with a fierce look of determination, "Purple might have tried but trust me Jackie, I have nine lives."

Jian whistled and whispered to Jazz, "Does your cousin know she's hot?"

Jazz forced down the growing jealousy.

She and Jian seemed to be getting along and Aubrey just had to breeze in and steal the second friend she'd manage to secure herself in four years of high school.

"Jian thinks you're hot." She blurted out, hiding her smile as Jian cringed beside her.

"He's just one among a lot." Aubrey replied with a shrug.

She was used to the attention she received. Often times, she'd overheard students referring to her as the Mona Lisa not hanging on a wall. Compliments about her celestial looks only mattered when they came from Allen Pierce and her Dad.

| | |

Bubble Academy's student populace filed into the five hundred seater auditorium for the compulsory Wednesday morning assembly by 7:15am.

The auditorium was situated on the first floor of the lecture block. To the left of the staircase was the male and female restroom and to the right was the double doors of the auditorium.

Purple blazers, white button ups, ash trousers and purple and ash plaid skirts replaced the wash of red theater seats.

Grey Anderson was a second late and missed the rush of students walking in their large number to the assembly hall. At least he could stroll up the stairs without being shoved around in the student cluster.

He needed to use the convenience before he went for assembly.

Grey's hand stopped short of twisting the knob when a conversation going on behind the door of the male convenience reached his hearing.

He paused.

He knew those voices.

"Five dollars. That's all we ever need, put five dollars on a bogie and you're sold." The first voice spoke.

The second person chuckled, "If you're fancy you'd get your own dime bag."

"I don't need to be fancy. How much did you say this was again?"

"Two ounces of the best you'd find in the state. A solid six hundred bucks."

"If it's as good as you say we'll be looking at that pound."

"Get your eight grands ready then. And remember if shit burns out, this conversation never happened and I don't know who you are."

"You need to chill, man but yeah whatever."

Grey placed his hand on the door knob the same moment, the second individual tried to unlock the door. His stern face was met with equally surprised expressions.

"Anderson."

"Shepherd. Kinney."

Grey nodded to them in acknowledgement and walked into the restroom like he hadn't just listened in on their conversation.

| | |

A/N: *plays dramatic music* looks like our new kid's got some trick up his sleeve. hope you've got some popcorn and a good playlist because the next chapter is going to be spicy! Please vote and share. Ty.
TheShadyButterfly🦋.