e l e v e n | h i, i'm p u r p l e

{ E L E V E N } : H I, I'M  P U R P L E.

Ever loyal, Chloe Black decided against attending Livia Solace's party of the semester even though her twin, Bonnie was attending.

"Do you think this is enough to make Diezel regret breaking up with me?" Bonnie asked her twin, twirling in her silver dinner dress.

With a charming girly smirk, Chloe replied,
"Hundred percent!"

"Sure you don't wanna come? I have a really good feeling about tonight."

"I have this thing with Allen and Grey but before you leave, I have something for you." Chloe said, shoving her blanket aside and harvesting an item from her bedside drawer.

Bonnie's mouth dropped open, "OMG! You got me a new glitter palette?!"

"I sure did, here you go."

Grabbing the case, Bonnie rushed to add more shimmer and shine over her purple eyeshadow. She also touched glitter to her lips, and collarbone.

"You look amazing, Bonnie." Chloe cooed from where she stood by the bathroom door observing her twin.

"I better get going before I miss out on everything."

"I'd better step as well."

The twins left their dorm together, chatting amiably for the first time since they resumed. They didn't always get along because Bonnie was a witless pushover and Chloe had self esteem the size of a galaxy.

"Sure you're still meeting Allen and Grey?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Allen may be busy with interrogating Luthor and trying to make sense of what happened to Aubrey." Bonnie said innocently, "He thinks there's a connection."

"Who's Luthor?" Chloe quizzed.

"Headmistress May's puppet, the boy who passed out in the computer room while shredding some papers for Mrs Anderson and has been in the clinic ever since." Bonnie replied offhandedly.

The pair passed by the fountain then and Chloe's wandering green eyes caught a glimpse of a strawberry blonde hair glowing under the dim lighting of the area. The sound of someone with really good vocals echoed from the direction of the garden soiree.

"Catch you later."

The twins parted ways.

"Grey?" Chloe called out to the shadowy figure who had their face buried in their palm.

"Are you okay?" Chloe was concerned as she stared into his tear filled eyes.

"No." He croaked out.

"Care to fill me in?"

His palm opened and a small orange bottle was revealed.

Grey chuckled and his eyes lit up a little, "Don't worry it's not Molly. It is recommended."

"Is this about what happened with the journalist girl?"

"Please spare me the pity but maybe you're right, I can't get her out of my head all of a sudden."

"I meant the articles but okay spill the beans."

Just as Grey's lips parted, the sky mimicked him and a drizzle shower began.

"That's our cue to go find Allen where ever he might be." Grey said and offered Chloe a hand.

The trio had planned to visit the old shed to investigate the vending machine while the rest of school was distracted by Livia's party. But all of a sudden Allen was missing. They had all agreed to meet at the fountain and there was no way Allen was going to attend that party.

"His dorm?" Grey suggested.

"Are girls allowed in the boys dormitory?"

Grey's reply was a taunting smile.

"You're insane." Chloe replied, laughing.

Chloe perceived it first and her sharp intake of breath made her nose and throat burn like she just sniffed cocaine. She coughed.

The duo had just walked into the boys dormitory, the corridor was filled with smoke of some sort but definitely wasn't fire.

Recognizing it immediately, Grey told Chloe, "Tear gas, don't breath it in."

Chloe turned her scarf into a nose mask. Grey folded his hanky and held it to his nose. That's when they heard muffled yelling.

"Allen!" Chloe gasped, dashing into the darkness with Grey towing behind her.

"Somebody help!" Allen's voice echoed behind the door.

Grey rammed his upper body into the door but it didn't budge, "Someone locked him in."

Chloe instantly recalled the safety pin she had use to ensure her bosom did spill out of her flimsy cross necked top.

"Gimme me a sec." She urged, coughing slightly.

Using the pin, she worked the lock till it clicked and opened.

The smile behind her scarf was enchanting, "Saw it in a movie."

Allen rushed out, grateful he had just been rescued from being suffocated by the toxic air. He wanted to hug Chloe and Grey but they had to get out of the dormitory fast.

"Grey c'mon!" Allen called out to Grey who had stooped low to pick something up.

Coughing and hastily breathing in the fresh oxygen mingled with the scent of wet grass in the yard, they had to think fast. The gentle drizzle had reduced to a dew shower.

"Should we tell headmistress?" Chloe suggested, still panting.

Grey's reply was too fast, "Absolutely a bad idea, she'd call it a prank and put restrictions that would make it harder to find our Target."

"Grey is right. Whomever this is is clearly closer than we think, and they knew we had a plan tonight. The smoke came in through the vents at the end of the hallway, before I knew what was going on, my keys were missing and my door was locked." Allen explained.

"We should postpone our visit to the shed, because if this person is unto us, who knows what's waiting in the shed tonight."

"Logical stuff. In the meantime we need to rally up a list of suspects. At the moment I think this situation is bigger than just any grudge held against Aubrey Simon." Chloe stated, folding her arms.

"Aubrey believed someone was stealing purple jewelry–"

Chloe interrupted Allen, her brain was clicking away and seemed to be connecting dots, "And not just from anyone but from all the popular kids, Aubrey's bracelet, your neckpiece, my Italian earrings, Livia's wristwatch, uhm..."

"Guys... You should see this." Grey called their attention to a piece of white paper he had rolled apart.

Allen and Chloe surrounded him instantly.

"I picked this up when Chloe opened your door, it was placed between the door and the side wall."

Chloe took the job and read what was scribbled out loud, "Hi, I'm purple. Catch me if you can?" 

"And that's all the proof we need."

"Someone is unto us and it's bigger than just a color."

"I don't get it, if everyone is supposed to be at Livia's party... Who could it be?"

Allen divulged a game plan, "Grey try to get the list of students who didn't attend Livia's party. Chloe I think it's better you check out the shed on a day everyone's going to be too busy to notice. I will visit Luthor in the clinic, we'll discuss our findings in a few days during recess in the common room."

"You know we'd also be suspects on that list seeing we didn't attend the party either." Chloe blurted out.

Allen chuckled, "Let's change that!"

| | |

A/N: now you know where our star kids were. Thank you for reading, please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.