t w e n t y | r o s e s a r e g a r b a g e

{ T W E N T Y } : R O S E S  A R E  G A R B A G E.

Bonnie Black strolled into the girls dormitory five minutes before light's out.

Chloe glanced at the door as her twin walked in dully, "Where have you been?"

Bonnie eyed her and the sci-fi novel between her hands. She sometimes hated how much they looked so alike. Their similar appearance was superficial because on the inside they were both nothing alike.

Chloe didn't know what it felt like to be the side character in every story without even the confidence to feel like the main character in your own. Chloe fit into the picture as Aubrey Simon's confidante but she didn't. Bonnie knew she only mattered to Aubrey because of Chloe.

Everything she had in this school, Bonnie knew she owed it to being a twin and best friend to Aubrey. She knew the whole school referred to her as the half-wit twin, it was infuriating but she kept playing along because she had no better option.

It was better to be underestimated than overestimated.

That way she had no delusional expectations to really live up to and she didn't need to succumb to the people-pleaser-persona.

Bonnie Black was rooting for an apocalypse.

One that could quake the Earth Bubble Academy was built on. In a good way really.

"Practicing for my post haste, what's it to you?" She retorted spitefully, allowing the door to slam shut.

Chloe sat up straight now.

Tossing her novel aside, she spoke calmly, "Don't use that tone with me, Missy. I'm guessing your day was worse than mine?"

"Roses are garbage, violets are garbage, garbage garbage garbage. I spent valentine with my one true love."

Chloe scoffed.

Bonnie kept on rambling, "Why spread love when you can sprinkle glitter? It's better to lose a lover than love a loser!" She paused and looked to Chloe, "It was even plastic, can you imagine?"

"What or who are you talking about Bonnie?"

"Diezel and the plastic roses he gave that chubby weasel–– oh, look I rhymed!"

Amidst bitter whinning, she collapsed unto her black beddings, "But he's so fine, I can't help it."

Chloe wasn't ready for this conversation so she didn't bother trying. Burying her nose behind those brown pages, she continued to read her story.

"Chlo?"

"Yes Bon?"

Bonnie sat up and asked a question that took Chloe by surprise, "Are you into girls?"

As if on cue, the bell for light's out whistled loudly and they watched from the window as darkness stole into the surrounding.

"Because you never have boy drama, I've known you my whole life Chlo and I've never seen you worked up about any guy at all. Are you like not into boys?"

Chloe had never seen her sister with a more grave and dead serious expression.

"You're serious..."

Bonnie shrugged, "No need to act all aloof, I'm your twin sister, you can tell me anything."

That had to be the weirdest statement that had ever tumbled out of Bonnie Black's mouth.

"Why would yuu– What makes you think?" Chloe paused mid-sentence as realization washed over her, "Oh." She muttered, locking up. "Sure Bonnie, I know."