e i g h t | s h r e d

{ E I G H T } : S H R E D.

The night was cold and crisp and the sky was moonless.

So crisp that when Luthor rubbed his hands against his sleep wear sleeve, it sparked. He had some unfinished business to carry out for the Head Mistress, and honestly he was tired of being her puppet.

He had left a bunch of not so important papers at the computer room that he needed to shred. He crossed the yard and entered the building were all the classrooms were. The lecture block was so empty, it spooked Luthor being the only one inside the building so late at night.

Turning on the lights in the computer room, he set out to work.

Making sure he wasn't shredding any important papers, he scanned them one by one before putting them into the shredding machine. He liked the sound of shredding paper.

Then he came across the list of students who had had detention over the years. It was a relatively short list of thirty eight students. He bit his lips sadly as he saw Jazz Brown's name on the list. He was about to shred the paper when it occurred to him that the list was pretty important and maybe Head Mistress made a mistake joining it in the pile so he set it aside.

A sharp pain erupted at the back of his head and he found himself slumping almost immediately. He struggled to stay conscious as a pair of legs walked in front of him and shredded the detention list paper.

He reached out to grab the individual but he was too weak to stretch and his eyes kept fluttering shut.

"Next time, be a little more obedient." He heard the figure say before he passed out.

The door to the computer room banged shut.

| | |

"You like her, don't you?" Allen whispered to Grey, whose eyes was perched on the girl sipping water like she was about to pass out.

Grey casted him a weird glance as they kept jogging round the field in white tees and brown khaki shorts, "No."

"Yeah right." Allen scoffed.

"Look, I'm just being nice to her because she did me a favor once and I owe her. Nothing more so stop trying to play cupid." Grey responded, breathing a little heavier.

"I think she likes you though." Allen pressed.

Grey stared in her direction for a long moment as she squatted and splashed water on her face, "Maybe."

"Is that all you have to say?"

"Jeez, I hate you Allen. And yes that's all I have to say, stop trying to get her in my head."

Allen chuckled, "Like she isn't there and in your heart already."

"Shut up already, you're going to get us in trouble, Mr Barnes has been giving us the side eye."

It was a cold sport morning in Bubble Academy. Everyone was clad in white tees, brown khaki shorts and trainers as they jogged around the football pitch. Mr Barnes their instructor stood in the middle of the field and kept yelling at the kids to keep going.

Until everyone was sweating, they would keep up the military training.

It was barely thirty minutes in and some students had already called it quits, Jazz included. She was at the bleachers refreshing her drained self. Moments later, she rejoined the teenage parade and caught up with Allen and Grey.