Vormir - Flashback

Clint's pov.

Me and Nat were in Vormir, staring below the rocky cliff. The sun was far beyond, scorching red and bright. It lit the bottom of the pit, quite subtle, from the distance.

The cliff was rather high, where winds kept blowing. Her golden-tipped hair kept afloat by the rushing air, while the back of my head felt cool, brushed by the wind.

 Her golden-tipped hair kept afloat by the rushing air, while the back of my head felt cool, brushed by the wind

"What you seek lies in front of you. In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love," the Red Skull's voice echoed in the lonely planet, "An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul."

I tilted my head a little to understand better of that steep ground all the way down. I knew, it had to be it. A sacrifice.

I had to be the one, I had to. My family would understand, my life for billions. They would be sad, but proud. Meanwhile, Nat would be angry at me, though, but she couldn't get a revenge this time. She really needed to get a life, for all the things she had experienced in the Red Room, the place which snatched her choices away from her. I knew she always wanted the experience all women do, but she wasn't allowed, not even after joining the Avengers. She was a sister to me, dearly, ever since we've met. I'm ready to do anything for her.

However, I didn't think it would be easy.

Natasha's pov.

Clint was standing beside me, looking rather solemn. I knew what he was thinking and planning to do. We both knew.

I was pretty sure he would start up a fight if I told him my decision, even if he expected me to blurt that out. But I was destined, for the red in my ledger. Clint had always told me it wasn't my fault at all, that I didn't have a choice. The thing is, I've done it. Many innocent lives, lost because of me. Being a part of the Red Room. Me.

Clint has a family, and would be brought back, and with the other billions of people, so I am extremely willing to be destined to that. He is a kind man, and a brother. He's family. One of my only.

We were both in deep thoughts, while reading each others' minds without observing expressions. We knew well about one another.

Clint's pov.

We were in this together. It's just that one was going to sacrifice, while the other bares pain. We were still together.

Nat sat down on a thick root, fidgeting her fingers.

"It's not a coincidence. No, I don't think so," she murmured.

"Cuz he knew your daddy's name?" I joked.

"I didn't. Thanos left here with the stone," she shook her head a little, " without his daughter."