The Night Before the Mission

Continued

Steve's pov.

I ran to the nearest bathroom like time was fleeing, stopping in front of a mirror. I bared my teeth for a beauty check, exhaled some air on it, vapour appearing on the spot. It was obvious how bad my mouth smelt, it was warm air that gave out.

I exited the bathroom to my room to get my dental utilities, then back to where I left. I was scurrying at that time that my toothbrush fell out of the cup. My brain went into a small-time mess naturally, unconsciously. I had this mission to my own I must keep my looks tops since then, just to make the best impression for Nat, just tomorrow. I hoped it would earn me her smile.

I scraped the toothbrush on my teeth like I was grinding them half gone. The minty fragrance filled my mouth eventually, good riddance of the stench.

I bared my teeth once more, my eyes popping wide to check in detail for any dirt.

None. All clear.

I sighed and gave myself a smile at the mirror. I knew something else didn't make sense, I'd be having dinner so there wasn't a point in what I've just done. But I'm a perfectionist, I wouldn't spare myself from staying at that state and never getting clean always.

Wanda's pov.

I knew no one agreed or not on me doing the cooking, so I went to the kitchen right after i got the message from Friday, while Scott went for some rest, I supposed. I came with the idea of making chicken paprikash since there was chicken in stock so I started gathering all the materials I needed for my dish. I started with handling the cold meat, I love touching food with my hands and getting messy with everything. I was getting hyped. Ehehehe... ahahaha...

It reminded me, I could actually use my powers to manipulate everything there, but considering I'd lose control when my emotions get a little crazy, I didn't bother thinking about doing that, and tried not to picture the chaos I'd cause.

And yeah, I preheated the oven to 400°.

Dumping all those thoughts, I added the sauces and spices to the chicken, and threw it in the oven.

Set to 15 minutes.

Clint's pov.

I was panting like I had asthma, we had been on training for hours. While Rhodes and Sam were just flying around in their machines, I was aiming tiringly. I shouldn't regret this now though, it was my idea.

"Tired so soon, Barton?" Sam smirked.

"Yes, so what? You guys get to fly in those gear. Plus, Friday told us about dinner."

"You need some rest pal," Rhodes offered, "and it does look pretty late."

"Alright..." I agreed, "So, dinner? The pizza."

"Yeah sure," Sam slowly landed, followed by Rhodes, "I'm ordering. What you guys want?"

"Cheese pizza."

"I'll go for pepperoni."

"Alright, we'll need two more to feed us all. I'll head in and ask them."

"Ask Wanda first, she goes nuts when she gets the wrong food."

Sam nodded and went back into the facility, while I slowly bent down and sat on the grass. Rhodes stood stationery, watching the stars.

Few minutes later, he asked, "You going in?"

I shook my head slightly so he left me in peace. I breathed in some air and gazed at the shimmering sky. The stars portrayed fireflies, which reminded me of someone who liked it, Natasha.