Just an Afternoon

Bruce's pov.

I was at the lab with Rocket again, double-checking the sophisticated suits.

We had no room for mistakes.

I ducked a bit while lifting the sleeves of one of the suits to examine for any flaws. Quite decent for now.

Just saying, I wanted to ask Scott to come over to be a witness for me, but he was clearly occupied. I sighed, I was a bit too ambitious to add in new features that might not be necessary for this mission.

After checking a few more areas, I shut the urge of refinement, and exhaled a breath of satisfaction. No more improvements to be made. We were ready to go.

Rocket seemed to have heard me, and turned around from the project he was working on.

"Aye pal, you done?"

"Yeah," I nodded my head slightly, "We're ready to go."

"Perfect," he smirked," I need you to help me with this in-built gun with this suit."

"I thought you were thinking of ideas for the mission suit," I complained although I knew all along.

"Well, are you my friend, gigantic nerd?"

"Alright," I scoffed, then walked over to his side of the long table.

3rd pov.

While the big brained duo kept working on the technology, the other two who were assigned the special task, kept training. The captain insisted on going to the gym for practice, so the rest just chilled at the bar.

Clint's pov.

"So, is Lila dating anyone yet?" Sam teased, smirking a little.

I choked on my drink a bit, giving small coughs, "Are you serious man?"

"You know I know, I know you know I know, that I'm joking," he chuckled, wheezing along the way.

I grunted and pursed my lips, while Rhodes just chimed in, "You wasted time explaining."

I twitched my mouth annoyed, so I tried changing the subject, "What are we having for dinner tonight?"

"Peanut butter sandwiches."

"You really have to get on my nerves, do you?" My tone raised, inhaling a bit to smoothen my emotion.

"Alright," Sam laughed, "Maybe shawarmas, if the others don't mind."

"Maybe pizza?" Rhodes suggested.

"I mean sure."

We sat in silence for a while, enjoying and sipping our drinks.

"So," I asked suddenly, "wanna have some combat training?"

"You mean, us as the targets while you shoot," Rhodes teased.

"I mean that's the truth, but ain't you guys gonna have practice of dodging as well?"

"Alright. Ok," Sam agreed, "Let's go out and train with those two."

Rhodes tilted his head, raising an eyebrow, gesturing us to go.

3rd pov.

All the Avengers were working hard on their activities and training, as time was flying by voicelessly. Soon, the moon shone among the countless diamond-studded sky.

Steve's pov.

My eyes felt sore and sticky as they fluttered, then opened, which was when I knew I had fallen asleep. I spun my chair like children do, to face the glass panes, and was a little surprised to see the darkened sky. It meant I had been sleeping for at least 5 hours... for all the brain juice squeezed from my head on spot. But thanks to Nat, her beautiful existence, my mind was filled with peace, and hence I could enjoy some deserved rest.

I inhaled some air to wake myself a little more, and supported myself with my cramped up legs, they felt so tight.

I gave myself a nice stretch when I stood up on both feet, then decided to get some water to hydrate my dry-like-desert mouth. It felt terrible.

Speaking of my mouth, my jaws felt like it needed some exercise. Yes, I meant food. I asked Friday hopefully, "What's the time now Friday?"

"Twenty-five past seven."

"Okay. Great. Notify the others, we're having dinner."

"Alright."

I walked away to grab a glass of water from the canteen, and chugged the whole thing down. I sort of tasted my own horrible breath, which needed fixing. I could not meet Nat tommorow with this state.

To be continued...
I'm so sorry for such a long wait, but my assessments are finally over! I'll write longer chapters, cuz I personally hate short ones (hehe).