Were We Meant To Be? [Part 1]

An hour later...

Steve's pov.

"I found them!" I yelled, entering the facility after my successful hunt for fireflies. I had marked the locations of the wonderful creatures, some for backup in case the other ones disappeared.

"What?" Asked Maria.

"Oh nothing, just got what I need."

"Hmm..." thought Clint, smirking at me.

I pretended not to have seen it, when Wanda interrupted, "Perhaps..." She said teasingly, "a nice little gift for Miss Romanoff?"

"Shut up," I blazed.

"Alright, alright," Wanda replied in defeat.

"So, dinner?" Asked Sam.

Everyone agreed with nods and hums.

"We better call the guest of honor downstairs," Clint laughed, "she's our girl of the day."

"Should I... go?" I asked. I wasn't so sure as Nat didn't seem to feel easy near me.

"Maybe you should call her."

I took my phone and dialed her number.

I waited for half a minute, until the beeping stopped and muffled background noises could be heard.

"Hey Nat, it's Steve. Come join us for dinner downstairs in the kitchen. Homemade stuff today."

I was waiting for her reply.

I only heard soft breathing. Every breath she took made me rather uneasy and impatient.

"Nat?"

"I'm coming~" she said softly in a sing-song voice.

"Great."

I hung up and exhaled a sigh of relief. That was tough, because I was certainly worried if she would ignore me at all costs. Luckily, she was in a comparatively good mood.

Nat's pov.

I flinched however, when I put my phone down. I was in two different worlds right before and after I answered Steve's request. Was that nervousness of love?

I didn't know, I just had to let myself go, so I fleed down the stairs to my friends.

I smiled when we saw each other, and Wanda was the first to break the silence, again,"Nat come on and sit down! Try out my dishes! It's all for you!"

I smiled even brighter, she was such a sweet woman. I looked behind her, where the others were, and saw them bringing out the rest of the food. My eyes glittered at the sight of them, they were all hot, homemade, full of love.

Tears started squeezing out of my eyes, while I bit my lip. My family of Avengers... they were so sweet, I never expected them cooking for me for all that while.

"Thanks," I sobbed.

"Aww... now... don't cry, we need to have a great feast tonight."

My face lit, then announced, "Let's dig in! Come on!" I gestured them while they sat down eventually.

I looked at every one of them, spotting Steve hiding his smile badly. He was anxious, I knew.

"Hey Steve, why didn't you bring-"

"Not yet, big mouth."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing."