Love

Natasha's pov.

That night was remarkable, especially his shoulders-- as I leant on him the whole time after our lips had met the first time.

I got out of bed and took my phone then scrolled through the photos we had taken. Amidst the dark forest, the fireflies shone brighter than neon, which acted naturally as the flashlight. That was why I could see, both our faces smiling fully with wholesomeness. Yeah, it was making me compliment us. I chuckled.

Steve's pov.

I blinked tiresomely, then turned to the alarm clock. God, it was nine in the morning. Getting up late generated an instant flush of anxiety and an urge of responsibility. I didn't know, I felt like I lost my opportunity to make Nat a nice breakfast, it really just came up to me that I did.

Speaking of Nat, she did wake at different times, I wasn't sure if a joyful night would make her sleep longer. Maybe. Yeah, maybe I should believe that she did.

I got dressed and ram down the stairs, headed to the kitchen, grabbed some bread and toasted them. Mmm, fresh crusted bread, I was sure she would like some, though she did eat a lot that night.

Natasha's pov.

I sort of showered for no reason. I didn't usually do that, but yeah, I went for one.

Perhaps I was getting a little too "girly" or whatever, most likely germophobia.

But then, deep down, I was digging for an excuse: I just wanted to be at my hottest when Steve was around. My face burned up thought no one was spying, it was for myself.

I sighed, trying to get myself away from cringey thoughts. It was hard getting the blush away, but thankfully a growl from my stomach excused me from all those problems. I fleed from my room and down the stairs.

Arriving at the kitchen, I ran immediately for the fridge, ignoring everything else in the world but possibly some ice cream.

I shut the freezer compartment and turned around. A jerky face grinned at me.

"Hey Nat," he greeted, while holding up the plates in his hands at his shoulder level. I peeked while tip-toeing as it was far beyond my height. As I got closer, the familiar smell of well-burnt bread flowed into my nostrils. Ah... "breakfast is here. Ah, thank God I believed..." he trailed off.

"What?"

"Nothing," he stretched a slight smile, blushing. I tip-toed, lifting myself as high as possible, and pecked him on his pale pink cheeks out of cuteness.

He flinched for a moment, not sure of what he had just experienced. I tilted my head downwards, shot a glance, and trailed my eyes back onto the floor. I bit my lips, nervous about his long pause. Was he too shocked?

"Oh..." he finally said after the silence that lasted approximately forever, "that was... out of the blue..."

I cringed, it felt as if all confidence sank into the abyss.

"But I loved it," he smiled.

I let out a sigh of relief within me, while trying to stay natural on the outside. I gulped a lump of air down my throat.

"Now, if you would let me hug you..."

My heart suddenly dropped.

"Wha-" I said, though I had accepted his love and this relationship, I was sort of shocked of his sudden request.

"...these sandwiches are for you."

Despite the fact that I knew those sandwiches were for me, I tried sounding rebellish, "Why would I- I'm having ice cream and no one's gonna be in my way."

"But Nat-"

"No, Steve, I need cold food to freshen up my head."

"Oh..." he sighed, and by first sight and sound I knew he was not just disappointed, but very very extremely disappointed. His emotions somehow got me, into my heart, that it started feeling like it was rubbed by sandpaper.

"Oh Steve..." I said softly, "I- I knew you made this for me, so... I... I didn't mean to upset you like this... I'm- I'm sorry..." I apologised, "I disappointed you..." I slowly extended my arms on either side of his waist and moved closer, wrapping them around him. I placed my head on his chest, and heard precisely how his heartbeat decelerated into a calm, soothing pace. I thought it was all he wanted, a hug. From me.

I then felt his cheeks rubbing against my hair as another way of hugging me back. His hands were occupied.

"It's okay... Nat," he said, his jaws moving and messing my hair, "you're a good hugger."

I smiled.

We soon broke the embrace and began our breakfast. We sat opposite each other, our eyes not looking at our food but focusing into each other's eyes. When we were almost done, he asked, "I haven't asked you last night, Nat... but uh... um..."

"Yeah?" I asked dreamily, my eyes never left his.

"Will you... uh... be my girl...friend?"

I blushed like any other girl would when a guy asked them that question, "awwh... Steve..."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

"I wouldn't have kissed you if it's a no," I giggled, "you're so cute. I love you."

"Me too," he smiled, removing one hand from his sandwich and caressed my cheek with it. It was a little dirty and crumbly, but I thought it was sweet. I leant gently into his hand.

End of chapter

Sorry it's kinda short but at least they finally had a little talk about their relationship and consider it official <3

Cuddly scenes are so cute tho

Hope you've enjoyed this little fluff and please leave a vote for support <3

-Lunar 25/8/2022