Confession

Steve's pov.

We were almost done resting on the jet. Every moment was extremely torturous, my heart whipped by a katana, leaving deep marks but never breaking. It was haunting, and miserable. I was sitting on the floor leaning on the wall beside Nat's bed, elbows resting on my knees. My eyes hardly focused on anything, just a frozen look with my mouth slightly open. My mind was messed, like a totally rioted library with books everywhere, carelessly scattered on the floor.

I didn't know how everything just went like that. It was like... my fate to never see her when she had last assured me she would see us in a minute. My guilt was draining me, another Nat that I've created would die due to our failure.

Scott and Maximoff, they ruined most of it. I was involved in the mess.

I sighed, warm air and misery flowing out, closing my eyes. I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself. I just wished I had switched places with Scott, my strong arms could have totally handled the weight of long fall...

"I'm sorry... Natasha..." I whimpered. I heard Maximoff stirring, who had been standing there in the corner watching me. So I looked up at her. She dodged my eyes intentionally. At least she felt guilt instead of that giggle.

3rd pov.

Neither one of the two spoke a word, leaving only the conversation between breathing in and out. After 10 minutes, the witch got off the wall she was leaning on, and walked over to the miserable man.

She kneeled a little and patted his shoulder gently, "Ready to go yet Rogers?"

He replied with glaring eyes, which was a better than he would have done when he first came back to the jet.

"Then get up and we'll shrink the jet."

Rogers did as she said, getting up with a grunt, then carried the fake Natasha bridal style. Wanda took a glimpse when Rogers looked away, and smiled at the couple, briefly that she wouldn't be caught if he suddenly looked back.

They stepped outside soon enough, with Wanda pressing the button to shrink the jet to toy-size. She turned to look at Steve, who had his eyebrows furrowed.

"We gotta go back, now," he bellowed.

"Yes, I know. Get ready," she announced, while Steve lifted his occupied arm a little, "3...2...1... By-"

Wanda simply vanished into the tunnel without her word finished, Steve doing the same.

Steve's pov.

Everything was fast. With Nat in my arms, the three of us zipped back in time. All the others were there, waiting anxiously for our arrival. They turned their heads when Maximoff and I made one step out from the portal.

I didn't know how to start. Our part of returning the stone was complete, but saving Nat...

We didn't. We failed.

So, with my mouth empty of words, Clint asked, "Are you okay? It took a whil-"

"Who are you carrying?!" Sam, who was the first to notice Nat, suddenly cut in, surprised.

"Nat, of course... she's dead, from original timeline when she..." I couldn't go on, I knew it was Wanda and Scott's fault but, I was there too. I was... so frustrated, sad, blameful... I was the part of failing to save her.

"What do you mean...?" Rhodes questioned, seemingly confused.

"NAT'S DEAD, AGAIN. WE CREATED ANOTHER DEAD NAT. THAT'S WHAT I MEAN." Tears gushed out uncontrollably from stating the fact, I couldn't manage myself anymore. I smashed the glass floor with my shield, causing a little crack, despite its thickness.