💜💜

Sometimes getting in control of your animal side took some practice. So you were reading again in your life the Art of Bonding and Loving your Mate. Sitting by the pool as your family was grilling and having beers. Your mom's side of the family loved these get-togethers being of very German and Scottish ancestry.

You had read the book at sixteen in school as required but looking at it with new eyes as it applies to you. You were bored sitting here as everyone kind of avoided you. They knew you had found your mate but that it was a celebrity and it needed to be kept quiet.

So everyone was giving you space. Which was fine for once. I mean how did you start a conversation like that anyway? Hey Abuela, here's your seven great sons- in-law. Was that even right? Frustrated, you threw the book down making your cousin startled and move away. He was sixteen and annoying you today.

So as you got up to cut the cake being brought out you said boo as you walked past him. And it was good you didn't feel like eating. The taco man had kept offering you tacos and quesadillas but it smelled terrible. Not wanting to offend him, you had taken a plate earlier, ate the radishes and when you could you had taken the plate out to some dogs outside.

Smelling the cake as you stood there waiting while everyone sang Happy Birthday you just wanted to get away from the cake. Seeing your female cousins approaching as you prepared to blow the candles you threatened them with the knife knowing how they loved smashing peoples faces in the cake.

After blowing your candles out you make short work of cutting the cake and taking the piece your mom thrusts in your hands you wait until your back is turned to grimace at the tres leches. You wave and kiss the appropriate people and head upstairs to get ready. Tonight you were not only allowed to go to the concert but you were going to be backstage the whole time watching from the wings.

Dressing was taking longer than you thought. You had picked your outfit out weeks ago not thinking the guys would be seeing it. You knew it was cute but was it okay for later when you have this dinner thing with them after the concert?

Deciding you could only just be true to who were you would all have to get used to your real selves sooner rather than later. Getting your dress out of the closet you put it on looking at yourself before slipping your socks and white keds on.

When you get downstairs your Dad is waiting and hearing the music from the backyard you know the party will be going late into the night

When you get downstairs your Dad is waiting and hearing the music from the backyard you know the party will be going late into the night. He dropped you off both of you feeling awkward and he wished you luck which you found funny.

With your pass you head backstage and your nose leads you to a corner and you breathe in smelling what you did yesterday but also another stronger note than, and it wasn't who you thought as you peeked in, you were suddenly shy but you couldn't stop from going in.

He smiles at you gummily and speaks. "Hello."

"Hi."

"Umm sorry. For yesterday?"