4

4|Promise

Sunghoon turned around, his smile was proud while his mouth was loud, "Brother dearest!"

Quickly, Jungwon clapped the other's back, "Don't wake Beomsoo up," He turned his attention to Jay, "You either. He had a long day."

"What are you doing here?" Jay's voice was cold towards his brother.

"I was helping out my best friend, is that a crime?"

"I guess not, but given the fact that mom has been trying to reach you for who knows how long, I believe she'll be sending a search party after you pretty soon."

"Shit." Sunghoon cursed as he checked his phone, seeing several missed texts and calls.

"I'm dead, she's going to kill me. I have to go."

Sunghoon rushed around the living room, gathering his things before placing a kiss on Jungwon's head and then a jab to Jay's ribs as he went out the door.

"You little...!" Jay yelled from the door way.

"Hey! No waking up Beomsoo!" Jungwon whisper yelled.

Jay gave Jungwon a sheepish look and closed the door, leaving them in an awkward silence.

Deciding he had enough of the weird atmosphere, Jungwon got up, ready to head for Beomsoo's room but Jay stopped him by grabbing his hand.

"I'm sorry about today."

"Jay, it's fine. Sunghoon helped us out."

"You shouldn't have had to ask him for help. I should've been there for you and Beomsoo."

"What's done is done. Don't stress over something you can't change." Jungwon tried to leave again but Jay brought him closer, now holding him by the waist.

"I'm sorry, Wonnie. I really am. I'll drop him off tomorrow. You can get an extra hour of rest." Jay rested their foreheads against each other, but Jungwon was too excited and pulled back.

"Wait, seriously?"

"Seriously." Jay confirmed, causing Jungwon to pull him into a loving kiss.

They both had butterflies flying wild in their stomachs. It had been a while since they were close and intimate.

"Jay." Jungwon pulled away again.

"Yes?"

"Give me a reason to have an extra hour tomorrow." Jungwon jumped, wrapping his legs around Jay's torso.

Jay smiled before continuing their feverish kiss as he walked them to their bedroom.

_______

After catching their breath, the couple held each other while talking about their pride and joy.

"I can't believe he's turning five soon." Jungwon didn't want to accept the fact that one day Beomsoo wasn't going to need him anymore.

"Time goes by so fast."

"He wants to have a little party here. I figured we could invite a few kids from his class. Also, I already contacted the guys, they're going to be here too."

"Oh great, our immature friends." Jay joked as he snuggled closer to the younger.

"They're not immature, they're just not parents yet."

"Same thing." That was the last thing said after a while.

Jay thought Jungwon had fallen asleep, but then he spoke.

"You'll be there, right?" Jungwon treaded lightly.

"Of course I'll be there." It hurt to think that Jungwon wasn't sure of Jay's intent on being at his own son's birthday, but he couldn't blame the younger either.

Jungwon turned towards Jay, "Promise?"

"Promise." Jay ended the night with a short kiss, the two dozed off quickly after.

*******

End of chapter 4

*******

Kind of edited