20

Trigger warning: Sensitive Topics

20| It Just Happens

"Are you ready?" Jungwon held Jay's hand as they were in the doctor's waiting room.

"Yes, I can't wait to see them." Jay squeezed Jungwon's hand.

"Mr.Yang, Mr. Park." The nurse called out.

She led them to the ultrasound room before making her departure, the doctor came in soon after.

They exchanged formalities before Jungwon pulled up his shirt and laid down, then the doctor began the scanning.

Then they were there.

A and B were right in front of them, on the screen of course. Their heartbeats filled the room.

Jay was still holding Jungwon's hand as his other hand combed through the younger's raven locks, knowing that he needed the comfort.

Pregnancy affected them differently: Jay got over protective while Jungwon got all of the symptoms a pregnant person would, but he always got extremely emotional at ultrasounds, or whenever he thought about the fact that he had life growing inside of him.

"I need to review a few things. A nurse will be in to take a blood sample."

The doctor left the room before they could ask any questions.

"Blood sample? What does that mean? I didn't have to do that when we had Beomsoo." Jungwon started to panic. His shirt was now down and he was sitting upright again.

"Hey, hey, everything is fine. It's probably a little different because it's twins this time. It's okay." Jay patted Jungwon's head as he kissed his temple.

The nurse came in and took the blood sample and gave them the ultrasound pictures.

"Did you want to know the sex?" The nurse asked as she closed the lid to the blood sample.

Jay and Jungwon shared a look before nodding. To them, the birth gender never really mattered, they always believed that was their childrens' journey anyways.

The nurse smiled and pointed at baby A, "Baby A is a girl," she pointed at the other figure, "Baby B is a boy."

Jay smiled and thanked the nurse before she left. He rubbed Jungwon's back as the younger cried, once again thinking about the life growing in him.

Meanwhile outside the door, the nurse informed the doctor that they now knew of the genders.

The doctor came in with paperwork, and an unreadable expression on his face.

And that's when Jungwon knew something was wrong.

"How has the pregnancy been affecting you, Mr.Yang?"

"Uh, it has been okay. Just dealing with twice the movement."

"Where would you say most of the movement comes from?"

Jungwon thought before moving his hand to the side of his stomach, "This side."

"Baby A's side." The doctor looked at the paperwork.

"Yes." Jungwon confirmed.

"What about movement for baby B's side?"

"It's moderate."

The doctor looked at the paperwork one last time before taking off his glasses and setting the paperwork aside.

"Well, it looks like baby A is doing well, she is developing perfectly...but baby B is a different story."

Jungwon's hand instinctively left Jay's and went to hold B's side.

"He is smaller than his twin, which isn't uncommon at the beginning stages of pregnancy but now there's a significant difference."

The doctor took his time before continuing, "His heartbeat is slow. It isn't beating the amount it should be at this stage of pregnancy."

Jungwon didn't want to ask but he knew he had too, "What does that mean for him?"

The doctor had a sorrowful look in his eyes, "He might not make it."

Jungwon immediately shook his head, "What do you mean he might not make it? There has to be something I can do. I can't just let him..." Jungwon couldn't finish his sentence.

"I've printed out a diet plan and prescribed vitamins that are beneficial in this situation." He handed the paperwork to Jay, who had been quiet, worry filling his own head but knowing he had to be strong for Jungwon.

The doctor turned back to Jungwon, "Mr.Yang, I know that you want and will do the best you can for baby B, but I need you to understand something. We can help him the best we can but sometimes...they just don't make it. It's no one's fault, it just happens." He tried to explain as gently as possible.

There was nothing more to be said after that.

Jay thanked the doctor for his time before guiding Jungwon out to the car.

He drove them home and got Jungwon settled in bed.

"I love you." Jay whispered against Jungwon's temple before leaving to get the ingredients for Jungwon's new diet. Jungwon laid there, staring at the wall.

A few minutes later the front door opened, "Papa!"

Beomsoo ran up the stairs and into his parents room, jumping around Jungwon.

"Beomsoo, I said wait for me!" Sunghoon panted, resting his hands on his knees as he reached the top of the stairs.

He looked up to see Jungwon holding Beomsoo.

He approached the bed, sitting near Jungwon. "Hey, is everything alright?" He swept some hair away from Jungwon's face.

Jungwon nodded and held Beomsoo closer, and even though the little one desperately wanted to get out of his father's hold, he could feel that his father needed him right now. So he snuggled closer but was still careful with his siblings.

'Everything has to be okay.'

"Yeah, everything will be okay." Jungwon said out loud, for his sake.

*******

End of chapter 20

*******

Kind of edited

Apart || Jaywonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें