18

18| Closure

Jungwon was finishing changing when he heard the front door burst open. The house was loud in an instant.

"Beomsoo! Are you okay?!"

Jungwon's parental instincts kicked in and he rushed downstairs. Jay was helping Beomsoo stand up again, he had fallen from running too fast to his uncles.

"I'm okay!" Beomsoo said to his parents before launching himself at his uncles.

Jungwon let out a deep breath, relieved.

The entire group walked out to the backyard and sat at the long fold out table that was set up for them.

The group was waiting for more food to be ready as Jay announced, "We also have some ice cream in the freezer." He pointed to the freezer that was outside, beside the sliding glass door.

Jungwon was observing his friends when he noticed something: Sunoo grabbed some mint choco from the freezer. He also noticed the way Sunghoon's eyes followed the bubbly person.

Jungwon almost gasped. It suddenly clicked in his head.

Quickly, Jungwon grabbed Sunghoon's hand, who was sitting next to him, and dragged him into the house.

Jungwon made sure the sliding door was completely closed before confronting Sunghoon.

"How long have you and Sunoo been seeing each other?!" Jungwon almost yelled.

Sunghoon was startled, "What are you talking about?'

"Sunghoon, I've known you for most of our lives! Don't even try lying to me." Jungwon crossed his arms, huffing out a breath to move his bangs out of his face.

"How'd you know?" Sunghoon's eyes finally met the other's.

Jungwon smiled before explaining, "You had mint choco at your place, you absolutely despise it. Sunoo loves it."

"Really? That's what gave us away?" Sunghoon laughed.

"Well that and the fact that you look at him like a lost puppy." Jungwon teased.

"Shut up."

"When did it happen?" Jungwon asked. He was incredibly happy. He'd never seen Sunghoon in a relationship, he was excited for the older.

"A couple months before you moved in."

"Wait...were me and Beomsoo cockblocking you the whole time?" Jungwon widened his eyes.

Sunghoon didn't answer, he just laughed it off.

"Hoon! You could have told me! I would have found a place!" Jungwon lightly hit Sunghoon's chest.

"It's fine. I knew we'd only be roommates for a few months at most. You and Jay are made for each other, I knew you guys would work it out." Sunghoon smiled.

Jungwon basically hurled himself at Sunghoon, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so happy for you." Jungwon whispered.

Sunghoon smiled to himself, hugging the younger, this interaction gave him a sense of closure towards the feelings he once had for Jungwon.

_______

"We usually don't get together unless it's a special occasion, so what is it?" Jake had playful yet accusatory eyes at the hosts of the barbecue.

"Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The last time was Beomsoo's birthday and Ja-" Heeseung's statement was cut off.

"Well if you guys are so curious, you'd let them talk." Sunghoon teasingly rolled his eyes, successfully avoiding the topic of Jay not being at Beomsoo's birthday party.

"Okay, okay. Go on then." Ni-Ki encouraged the couple.

Jungwon casually took off his hoodie as Jay cleared his throat, "Beomie, you can tell them now."

Beomsoo ran over to his parents who were standing at the head of the fold out table.

Beomsoo smiled and hugged Jungwon's waist before placing his hand on Jungwon's stomach and saying, "Papa has babies in his tummy!"

A collective number of gasps were heard from their friend group.

"Wait a minute...BABIES?" Sunghoon questioned, he was only aware of the pregnancy, nothing more.

Jungwon smiled,"We're having twins."

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations guys!" Sunoo jumped up, going over to hug the expecting couple.

Soon enough, they were in one big group hug, all being extra careful with Jungwon's stomach.

*******

End of chapter 18

*******

Kind of edited