13

❗️NOT AT ALL EDITED❗️

13| The Beginning

Things were never easy for the Park brothers. Their parents never made it easy for them. They were always nagging at them for everything.

"Sit up straight."

"Elbows off the table."

"Know your place."

"Be like your brother." That was the parent's favorite line. No matter what they would always use it on both of their children.

"He's younger than you and his behavior is better than yours." Their father would yell at Jay one day and then the exact opposite to Sunghoon the next.

Of course this led to resentment between the two. But It affected Jay more. He became cold and mean towards everyone. He never let anyone see his true emotions.

But that all changed when a certain dimpled boy came into their lives. Well, Sunghoon's:

"Mom, dad. This is my new friend Jungwon. He just transferred to my middle school today." Sunghoon said excitedly, slinging his arm over Jungwon's shoulder.

"A week away from graduation?" Sunghoon's mother asked.

"My mom got a new job, we moved right away." Jungwon nervously smiled.

"Well we hope you settle in nicely, Jungwon." Sunghoon's father stated.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Uh, I'd love to." Jungwon smiled at Sunghoon who nudge him to say yes.

Jay walked into the kitchen not long after.

"That's Jay, my older brother. You can ignore him though." Sunghoon said as Jay looked at the pair.

Jay rolled his eyes. He grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator before heading back up to his room, not sparing another glance at the two.

Jay remembered seeing Jungwon and thinking that he would just be another one of Sunghoon's annoying friends.

Oh how wrong he was.

Maybe it was the fact that Jungwon was over at their house all the time, but he slowly snuck his way into Jay's heart without even meaning to or knowing.

The day Jay realized he had feelings for the younger was still engraved in his mind:

Sunghoon and Jungwon were well into their freshman year of high school while Jay was in his junior year.

The best friends were watching a horror movie with a blanket thrown over them.

Jay walked by the living room, behind the couch where they were sitting. A scary scene came on and while Sunghoon slightly jumped, Jungwon curled more into himself.

Jay sighed before taking a seat next to Jungwon, throwing the blanket over himself too.

"Brother dearest, were you bored all by yourself?" Sunghoon teased from the other end of the couch.

"Shut up. I actually like this movie."

Liar

Jay looked straight ahead at the gore happening in the scene, Jungwon still curling into himself.

"Of course you would. It's cruel, just like you." Sunghoon rolled his eyes, focusing on the movie again.

Jay lightly tapped Jungwon's hand, surprisingly not scaring the younger but causing him to look at Jay.

Without saying anything, Jay left his hand on Jungwon's lap, palm open for the younger to grab onto. Jungwon smiled and held the offered comfort.

He continued to squeeze the older's hand whenever he got scared.

When the movie was finished, Sunghoon was already fast asleep, meanwhile Jungwon was nodding off and Jay was wide awake.

Jay used his free hand to place Jungwon's head on his shoulder, letting him sleep there.

That's when Jay accepted it. He had feelings for his younger brother's best friend.

And though Jungwon's existence helped with Jay's issues, the older's resentment towards his brother came in waves, and today it was a tidal wave.

*******

End of chapter 13

*******

I was serious, this hasn't been edited, sorry :/

But how is this book so far??? I'm dying to know what you guys think.