5

5| Pain

It was Beomsoo's birthday. Kids were running around outside. Jungwon kept watch and made sure everyone was safe and not hurt. Jay was yet to come home, "Just a few hours at the office" he said.

"WHERE'S THE BIRTHDAY BOY? HIS FAVORITE UNCLE IS HERE." Heeseung bursted through the door. Ni-Ki, Jake, and Sunoo followed behind him.

"Uncle Seung!" Beomsoo dashed into his arms, he acted like he was the size of a toddler even though he was already up to his dad's hip in height.

"The favorite is me." Jake took Beomsoo from the other.

"Nope. It's me." Sunoo had his hug with the younger.

"Wrong! I'm the favorite uncle!" Ni-Ki held Beomsoo, ready to take off with the him but Sunghoon foiled his plan by standing in front of him, he had just arrived.

"You're all wrong. I'm the ACTUAL favorite uncle here."

"Uncle Hoonie!" Beomsoo basically launched himself out of Ni-Ki's arms and into Sunghoon's.

"That's not fair, you win by default." Jake complained, to which Sunghoon replied, "I still win," before letting Beomsoo go.

Beomsoo ran off, continuing his fun with his friends.

_______

It was hours later and Jay was still nowhere to be seen. The parents of Beomsoo's friends decided it was best to take their kids home after they started coming down from the sugar rush.

Beomsoo was up, waiting for Jungwon, "Papa, do we have to eat seaweed soup?"

"Yes, we do. Cake is for dessert and this is for dinner on birthdays. I let you have dessert before dinner, but you still have to eat dinner." Jungwon turned off the stove and poured two bowls, placing one in front of Beomsoo before grabbing spoons.

"Be careful, it's hot." Jungwon warned.

"Is dad going to have some too?" Beomsoo innocently asked before having a spoonful.

"Yeah, he will." Jungwon forced smiled, patting Beomsoo's head.

_______

Jungwon waited for Beomsoo to finish up his shower after arguing with the five year old about how he didn't want any help. He still waited outside the bathroom door in case the 'big boy' needed any help.

Beomsoo exited the bathroom, pajamas on and all, but he wasn't smiling.

"Bunny, what's wrong?" Jungwon knelt in front of Beomsoo, worried.

"Is it my fault, papa? Am I not a good boy?" Beomsoo's lip quivered, seeing that made Jungwon want to cry.

"You're a good boy, Beomie-" Beomsoo didn't allow Jungwon to finish his sentence.

"Then why isn't dad here?" Beomsoo cried, he had fun at his party, but he noticed his father's absence. It hurt, it was his special day, and his dad wasn't there. He hugged Jungwon, silently crying into his chest.

Pain.

Jungwon had never felt a pain like this, seeing his child cry. He had seen Beomsoo cry when he scraped his knee or whenever he fell. But this—this was an emotional pain his child was feeling for the first time. And suddenly, Jungwon hated Jay for making his baby cry.

Jungwon pulled away from the hug, wiping Beomsoo's tears, "Beomie, want to have a sleepover at uncle Hoonie's?"

He didn't know how to console his child, he really didn't. So instead, he'd take his mind off of it.

"Really?" Beomsoo sniffled.

"Yeah, go get your backpack." Jungwon kissed Beomsoo's cheek and sent him to get his things before notifying Sunghoon.

He packed a suitcase for both him and Beomsoo.

"You ready, bunny?" Jungwon checked on Beomsoo, who was putting his new action figures in his bag.

"Yup!" His tears were now gone, he was excited. He knew he could do whatever he wanted when they stayed at Sunghoon's.

"Good, let's go." Jungwon held out his hand, which Beomsoo happily took.

Fighting back tears, Jungwon closed the front door behind him and Beomsoo.

The clock read: 10:30 PM

As Jungwon left Jay.

*******

End of chapter 5

*******

Kind of edited