Chapter 9

**Time Skip 1 month**

Alan's POV

The last month had been great, well, aside the beatings and hate at school, but I guess you can't have it all. Sure I wish Ronnie, Vic and Danny didn't beat the living hell out of me. Sure I wish other kid's at school would just leave me alone, lay off all the lame jokes and name calling, but it's whatever. Did I have times I wanted to brake down and cry over it? You can be sure as hell I did! Did I mark my skin more over it? I'd be lying if I said no, but I'm only here for another year and a half, and then they'd all be behind me. Just eighteen more months roughly, and I'd have Austin by my side the whole way, so I think I'll be fine in the end.

Me and Austin where going great, and he was the reason why I was smiling again. It felt weird smiling again, after a year of being so miserable and depressed, but...the good kind of weird, you know? Sure there was no way everything had been put behind me, I still broke down sometimes, I still wouldn't speak much, unless their name was Austin, I still froze everyone else out. I still had moments where I just wanted to curl up and be with my mom, wondering why I was even here. I still trusted no one, aside Austin, I still kept myself covered, I still never felt like eating. But, Austin made them better, whenever I was with him, or even just speaking to him, I couldn't help but smile. I still had my moments with him, but I guess that was just how it was, I did trust him, it was just my stupid brain.

We had been on three 'official' dates now. For our second date, which I also made it a late birthday thing for Austin. He never told me when his birthday was, until a few days ago...and of course, his birthday had to have been at the end of September...and it was now November. Anyway, I decided to take Austin to a baseball game, I knew how much he loved baseball. It wasn't a big match, given baseball season was now over. It just a couple of small local teams playing against each other in a friendly. I would've loved to have taken him to a big one though, and decided I'd save up to do just that ready for next years season. Afterwards I took him to a little diner for dinner. It wasn't anything fancy like he'd done for me, but it's what I could afford, sadly only working Saturday's didn't allow for fancy expensive dates. I felt a little bad that I couldn't do anything like he'd done, but he assured me it was perfect and he loved every second, which is all that mattered to me. The fancier, more expensive dates could always come later and be saved for special occasions.

For our third date we went to a drive in movie to see Batman Begins. I loved it, given Batman was my favourite Superhero's and, I don't care what other people say, I think Christian Bale makes a badass Batman. We spent the entire movie cuddled up in Austin's drivers seat, tucked under a blanket he'd brought with him. He pushed the chair right back and made the back recline and just spent the entire movie cuddled, with him stoking my hair, sharing the occasional kiss and snacking on the popcorn he'd brought. It was just perfect, and there's something about drive in movies, sat cuddled in the car that felt so romantic, and kind of old school.

Things where going perfect between us, sure I wanted to show the world how happy he'd made me, but I accepted that he wasn't quite ready for that. I guess, although I wanted too, I wasn't either, not just yet. I still had times where I kept over thinking everything, and I trusted him, but I didn't fully trust him, if you get what I mean. I still had my worries that he'd realise I wasn't good enough and he'd up and leave, or that he was just playing me. He gave me no reason to believe either of those things, he was perfect. He was always so caring, loving, attentive, he had his moments where he'd go quite on me, or act a bit distant, but I did too, we where both still trying to figure things out, so I guessed it was natural. Also, I did kind of like that it was just between us for now, it was...easy, uncomplicated, simple. I knew soon as we went public drama would set in, people would stick their nose in, try and have their say. People would hate on us more then they already did, people, or shall I say Ronnie and his two minions would probably try and split us up. So I didn't mind too much we where keeping it between us just for now.