Chapter 20

I dunno if this needs it, but I'm gonna pop it here anyway cos there is mention of suicide and selfharming so yeah, *trigger warning*, but guys, you ever feel down, lost, alone or anything like that, please to god message me. I've been there, hell still there myself and you guys may just be people who read, vote and comment on this shit, but I still love you, I still care about you guys so if you need me, I'm here xoxo

The next few days came and went, and sure it enough, Ronnie was back to beating me. I had three badly bruised ribs, a massive bruise on my thigh and numerous bruises on my arms, my face only stayed safe because I was smart enough to shield it. But it wasn't just me, they'd started on Shayley again too, well they'd never really fully left him alone, they'd just backed off a little, but now it was back in full force. Guess this was just one of the concequences of us deciding to tell Ronnie to do one when he wanted Austin back. According to Austin he was fuming, and the black eye and cut lip Austin walked out of school with the day after was proof. Why did Ronnie have to do this? Why did he have to be like this? Why couldn't he just accept that he can't control people? Why where people so cruel and harsh?

But, even with all the beatings all three of us where recieving, I couldn't regret mine and Austin's choices. Sure it hadn't been easy, and I was still working through my trust issues with him, but it had only been a week so I could only hope we could rebuild in time and survive all the hell Ronnie was going to put us through in the mean time. I did feel awful for not filling Shayley in, for not telling him, that's why I took as much as the beatings as possible, getting in the way and sheilding him as much as I could, so did Austin. When Shayley questioned why Austin was defending us, he just answered simply saying because despite everything, he still cared, niether of us deserve getting beaten and if he could help, he would. It was true, we where just failing to mention the part about us trying to rebuild our relationship. I wanted to tell Shayley, even though we knew he'd disapprove after everything, but if we where going to stand even a chance, we just had to keep it between us for now and hold off Ronnie finding out as long as possible.

When I walked into the school halls, I suddenly felt everyone's eyes on me, I could see and hear people whispering things to their friends but I couldn't quite make out what they where saying. "He told." I spoke quitely feeling all of a sudden tiny, insignificate, intimated and like I just wanted to run out of this place and curl back up in my bed and stay there

"Who told who what?" Shayley looked at me confused.

"Ronnie found out about what happened...why I was in hopsital."

"U swear if Austin told..."

I shook my head. "It wasn't Austin, o-one of the nurses is his dad's friend, he found out through her."

"How do you know? How can you trust it wasn't Austin?"

"Because Ronnie told me how he knew."

"That fucker needs to be taken down." Shayley growled.

"Just...can we please just get to class. I-I don't want to talk or think about it right now."

Shayley sighed in defeat and nodded. "Yeah, come on, but I swear I hear anything I'll be throwing some punches."

I couldn't help but chuckle a little. "You wouldn't, you couldn't even hurt a fly, you're too nice."

"I could try at least." He gave me a small smile as we started organising our books in our lockers. "OI assholes, stop staring and whispering and worry about your own pathetic lives and what lipgloss is going to match your fucking outfit tomorrow. Oh and by the way Brittany, that lipstick really makes you look like a hooker, and all you need is a green wig and you'd look like a damn ompaloompa, lay of the fake tan, it looks awful. And I'm gay, so I know my shit, at least Alan has style unlike you and your fellow ompaloompa's. Oh and another thing, I know it's pretty hot out there, but jesus please, people don't need to see what underwear your wearing because we kind of can because your top and skirt are so damn short."