Chapter 25

Alan's POV

When I woke up, I felt like I'd consumed every drop of alcohol in the state of California, my mouth was dry, I felt nausous, my head was pounding as if someone was beating it with a hammer and every single inch of me hurt like hell. I slowly opened my eyes to be surrounded by nothing but whites walls and a white ceiling, and a beeping noise blipped repeatedly at a steady beat. Where was I?

Oh yeah, that's right, hospital. I groaned to myself, I really didn't want to be back here, last time I was here was because I'd tried to take my own life, and now I was here because someone nearly killed me. That someone being my...everything came to me, hitting me like a freight train moving at lightening speed. What happened to the monster? What happened to Austin? Did Austin get arrested? Was he okay? I saw him take a few damn good hits when he fought with the monster. I must have been panicking because the beeping suddenly sped up at a worrying pace.

"Baby? Oh jesus, baby, calm down, it's okay." A familiar voice soothed. My head whipped to the side of me to see Austin sitting there, worry plastered all over his face.

"W-Where is he?" I choked out, trying to calm myself down.

"He's back where he belongs baby, don't worry, he's going to be locked up for good this time. Why didn't you tell me kitten? That he was back?"

"H-he said h-he'd kill you and Shay." I sounded like a blooming eighty year old man who smoked forty a day, My mouth felt drier then the damn Sahara desert and it hurt to speak.

"I'd like to have seen him try." Another voice spoke, causing me to jump. "Easy there tiger."

"Shay?" I turned around and saw Shayley sat on my other side.

"The one and only." He smiled brightly and handing me a glass of water. "Here ya go."

I accepted the glass greatfully and downed it in one, instantly feeling a lot better. "What time is it?"

"Nine in the evening baby, you where only out for a few hours, you woke up just in time because they're about to kick Shay out, visiting hours ended half an hour ago. Your grandparents are just outside speaking to the nurse about someone being able to stay with you tonight."

"I want you to stay." I pouted, looking back towards Austin. I knew my nights sleep would be riddled with nightmares, and right now, Austin was the only one I wanted by my side.

"They're seeing what we can do baby, I promise." Austin leaned over and kissed my cheek, it caused me to flinch because I could still feel his dirty, grubby hands over me.

"Sorry." I spoke sadly.

"It's okay baby." Austin looked at me with sad eyes that broke my heart. Why did this have to happen? Why did he have to come back? Why couldn't I just be happy for once, was it so wrong to want that? Just to be able to have a happy life, with Austin, Shayley and my grandparents?

"I better go before I get yelled at, I'll go tell them you're awake ok bud?" Shayley spoke softly. I nodded my head in response. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay, thanks Shay." I offered him a small, weak smile, it was the best I could do right now. Shayley gave my hand a small, light squeeze before letting go.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning Shay."

"Sure, half six yeah?" I looked at them both confused as Austin nodded his head. "Cool, see you later."

"W-What are you two doing?"

"Don't worry about it baby, I just need Shay's help with something in the morning. I'll fill you in tomorrow okay? Right now I think the detective wants to speak to you and the doctor will want to see you."