Chapter 16

Two weeks had gone by since I returned to the depths of hell, I uh, mean school and I was growing skeptical as to the fact Ronnie and his minions hadn't said a word to me. Maybe they'd decided they'd done enough to ruin my life, but I highly doubted it, and it made me feel a little uneasy. I carried on getting hell from the other students, as did Shayley, naturally, but those three, they'd left both of us alone. There was no 'accidental' shoves when they walked past us, no degatory comments under their breath in the halls or classes, no item's being thrown at us while the teacher wasn't looking, no hits, kicks, punching, beatings...nothing. I mean I'm not complaining, it's actually nice, but like I said, it made me uneasy, they didn't seem like the type to just suddenly back off like that and it made me wonder what they where doing instead...or planning.

As for the Austin side of things...I guess I was coping a little better now, not much, I still had moments I wanted to beat him repeatedly with a frying pan, and then suddenly brake down and cry, wishing I could go running back into his arms, but I was dealing a little better. I'd carried on going to those sessions, I'd had three so far, and suprisingly, they where somewhat helpful. She was telling the truth when she'd told me all she would do is sit, listen and ask the occasional question to clarify things for myself, and her. It had all been about my parents and childhood so far, and I guess, I guess getting it off my chest, to someone I knew wouldn't breath a word, due to the nature of her job made me feel a little more at ease. She wasn't like Austin, Austin wasn't bound by certain laws which meant if he told anyone, there would be serve concequences, such as loosing your licence and job. It was clear she liked her job, and intended on keeping it, so she would follow those laws she was bound by, so I found it easier to speak to her knowing that. Her name was Karen, and for a woman, she was quite pretty.

"Alan?" A five foot seven, slender brunette lady, who was dressed in a white blouse, black smart trousers and medium heels poked her head out of the door. That was Karen, today was my fourth session with her, and I already knew what I was planning on discussing with her. I gave her a small smile before getting off my seat and walking into the room. "How are you today?"

"I-Not too bad I guess." I answered as I took a seat on the comfy black leather sofa.

"Well that's one up from last time. So, would you like to carry on from last time? I believe we where starting to touch on the subject of your uncle?"

"Yeah." I nodded my head lightly. "But, before that, could I get your opinion on something?"

"Of course, you know by now I won't say anything unless asked too, so if you wish me to try and shed some light on a subject I'm more then happy too." She smiled a sweet, kind smile.

"Well, you see, there's this guy, I met him not long after I first moved here. He seemed so...geniune and sweet. I knew he had a bad reputation, but I'm not one for hear say, so I gave him a chance to explain everything. Everything he said, and they way he said it, the look in his eyes...I believed him. And well, from there it grew, and we ended up becoming an item. We spent so much time together, just hanging out, watching movies, going on cute little dates that where just...they where perfect, like the kind of dates you see in the movies and everyone dreams about. I ended up falling completely in love with him, and not that puppy love kind of love, actual love. But then...then I found out everything had been a set up." I was fighting back tears as I told Karen everything.

"What do you mean by 'a set up'?"