CHAPTER 2

Monday 3pm

Lisa's P.O.V

The morning went by with one class after another as I adjusted to my new life at YSJ Academy. By lunch, I'd sat alone in the cafeteria still yet to meet anyone when whispers of mine and Jennie's name continued to surround me. I didn't know why but for some reason her presence seemed to be a big deal among the student body, something unexpected from the ordinary.

Before my last class of the day, I had a small break and decided to look over my handbook and get my textbooks from the library. I made my way along the top corridor to where Jennie had shown me earlier and peered inside.

A few students were scattered around the silent room with their heads lost in novels. Masses and masses of books were alphebeticed on numerous wooden shelves that stretched across 2 floors with tables, computers and chairs dotted around the area. A large chandelier hung in the center that illuminated the natural light from the nearby arched windows.

As I scanned the room, I located the desk at the front where a raven haired girl about my age was sitting with earphones in playing a video game on her phone.

Amusingly, she seemed deep in concentration so I waved my hand in front of her to gain her attention

Amusingly, she seemed deep in concentration so I waved my hand in front of her to gain her attention. Startled, she quickly took out her earphones and stood up to bow apologetically.

"Good afternoon! How can I help you?"

Shyly, I smiled at her. "Hi... Ummm... I'm new and I was told I needed to collect some books from here."

She gave a thumbs up making me chuckle as she quickly typed something into the computer. "No problem. What's your name?"

"Lalisa Manoban but it might be under Lisa."

I shuffled a little impatiently as she continued to type, only the sound of her fingertips on the keyboard could be heard in the silent study space.

"Okay let me just find your file... Here it is!" She replied triumphantly, her upbeat energetic nature was certainly infectious.

Behind her she collected a series of large text books, piling them up one by one on the desk in front of me. "I need all these...?"

She shrugged, as I gulped nervously glancing as the piles of books grew ever higher. "Well these are standard text books, you also need your library card, student ID and... This."

Delicately, she placed a small chocolate bar wrapped in light, red wrapper on top of the last book.

"A candy bar?" I looked at her confused receiving nothing but a sweet smile back.

"That's a personal gift from me for when the studying becomes too much. I'm Jisoo by the way!" Cheerfully, she smiled widely and held out her hand.

Gratefully I accepted, relived to have met someone who appeared so nice and relaxed in this campus.